Cause for concern or normal?

C

Ceejay123

Hey ladies :) I'll be as quick as possible..

My Bp is usually really low - booking Bp at 99/57. It's been gradually raising, and is usUally around 124/68 at my recent appointments.. They said they're not worried yet. However the last couple of times it's been taken its been much higher (it was with my first pregnancy and I was diagnosed with pregnancy induced hypertension at the end, on watch for pre eclampsia until I was induced a month early for other reasons)

Well today I've been having contractions, ive had sharp pains in my stomach and dull back ache all day. I'm 35 weeks. All night my joints have been killing.. Which caused me to look at my ankles, they're incredibly swollen. (I know this can be normal at the end of the day) I've been sat down all evening.

So I decide to check my Bp... Twice, 20 mins apart.

1st , 143/78. 2nd, 136/83. This is normal for some people, but two of the highest blood pressures I've ever had.. Including when I was diagnosed with pregnancy induced hypertension. Should I be calling a midwife? It's 2am, i feel like waiting until morning but I'm worried about preeclampsia... X

I'm in the same boat. My resting Bp is now 130/80. High Bp and swelling can be just hypertension. If you have a pounding headache or blurry vision the go to the ER right away

I would call... Now! Better safe than sorry.

Thanks ladies, I actually fell to sleep pretty soon after this (2am! Oops). I got up this morning and I'm still swollen, though not as much. My BP has dropped to 128/64 too - which is better. I've called the midwife and she's asked me to go to my doctors to have my urine tested for protein and my BP tested on a better machine.

Some midwives drive me insane with this... My usual midwife told me if your bottom number or top number raise 15-20 points, they send you to the hospital. Mine raised 26 at my last appointment and she just said 'Well, it's still not too high a BP..' even after I explained that I'm consultant led and he was worried about my blood pressure raising/causing IUGR like my last pregnancy. -.- Midwives! Anyway, I'll see later today what's going on x x

i dont have knowledgeable input on whats good in bp because my blood pressure is normally low all the time... before pregnancy and during it. but everyone has their 'normal' so that'd be mine since im still functioning at it being super low.

Hope you are okay! They should take a look at it.

Sorry ladies! Update.

I went to be checked out. My Bp was 130/78 - midwife seemed concerned that it's climbing and climbing as it did with my son. There was a trace of protein in my urine but nothing too scary , I've had it before. She agreed that im swollen. She took my fundal height which is alarming again (29cm-30cm depending who measures me at 35 weeks).

She tried to get hold of my consultant but he wasn't reachable. She made me an appointment at the hospital, for me to get a call on my way back from my consultants secretary saying he'd spoken to my midwife and he felt that this could wait until Thursday and they'd give me a thorough examination/tests then (I already have consultant/clinic/growth scan on thursday) x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->