CCCT (check ovarian reserve) and clomid?

44andHoping

TTC #1
Reaction score
Ladies .. a question about this Clomiphene Citrate Challenge Test and taking Clomid cycle day 5 - 9. My Dr is having me do this test next cycle (just missed the cycle day 3 blood draw by a few days while at my last Dr appoint)

Blood draw FSH on cycle day 3 and cycle day 10. Checking for ovarian reserve since I've not conceived for the past year and due to my age (44) I have regular cycles anywhere from 26 - 28 days. I did have a 23 day cycle a few months ago. I dont appear to have any menopause symptoms as yet and my Dr feels everything is normal (thyroid, prolactin, paps etc)

Anyhoo......I've never taken clomid and am aware of the side effects. The Dr didnt really mention hyperstimulation (sp?) as a side effect and I've been using my good friend google to find out more about this medication before I take it.

I will be on 100mg Clomid cycle day 5 through 9.

From what I know I ovulate each month, although Ive only recently been BBTing and charting.

Anyone out there familiar with this FSH test ...should I be expecting any super nasty side effects? Hoping to get a nice BFP before I even begin this test but just in case. Thanks for anyone willing to reply. :flower:

Hi there. I am 46. :flower:

My FS has put me on 50mg Clomid for 4 cycles (CD2-6), I had a scan the first cycle and I had 3 good sized follies. I haven't had any side effects. I have just started cycle 3.

I have just had my AMH done, will get the results back in a couple of weeks, it will let me know about the quality of ovarian reserve.

Good luck. x

Heavenly thanks for the reply!

GL to you too! Hoping for the best! Nice to read you had none of the nasty side effects.

I think another thing that bothers me about my original post is the fact the Dr never mentioned doing a scan or doing any sort of monitoring. Not too sure if Clomid was even a medication he was going to keep me on...just to do this CCCT was my understanding.

My next scheduled appointment to meet up with the Dr and discuss the labwork (along with DH's sperm analysis) ..isnt until April. Which is 2 weeks after the last blood draw.

Keep us posted re the appointment. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->