CD 18 and still no positive OPK on Femera

Hannah1029

Reaction score
Hi all-

I am feeling pretty discouraged right now.:cry:

Me and my husband began TTC in April of this year. As my body was adjusting to my IUD removal thay same month, my cycles were ranging anywhere to 40-75 days and I was diagnosed with PCOS

This is my first cycle on femera (5mg CD 3-7) I was told to start taking OPKs on cycle day 10.

i did as instructed and on CD 16 I got my first flashing smiley on CD adavanced digi respresting a rise in estorgen. It is now CD 18 and I am still getting the flashing smiley. I am hoping for a solid smiley to show an LH surge but I am beginning to worry that it's just not going to work, since it is now so late in the cycle...

Does anyone have any word of wisdom, or been in a similar situation?

I hated those smiley things.
I never got a solid smiley ever, but know I ovulated thanks to internal ultrasounds with my doctors office. I ovulated around 17-20 cd depending on the month, is maybe you are a late ovulator like me.

Hello! I've had a long fertility journey and did lots of investigations.
So here are some tips as for opks.
You are supposed to test in the afternoon instead of in the morning like a pg test. I heard to start testing at cd10 once a day and at around cd12 to start testing twice a day. It's what I was doing. Most opks say that once you get a positive you will ovulate in 12-48 hours it should say on the box.
Anyway, I am not an expert. But after doing research on it I found this info to help me.:coffee:
Hold pee for at least 4 hours before you test.
Don't use first morning urine because it can give you a false positive because it’s so concentrated and there is always some LH in your system.
It’s best to test in the afternoon or evening. (I read around 2pm and 8pm). Once you get to the time you think you might be ovulating or you start seeing other ovulating symptoms such as ewcm, cramping etc. you can start testing twice a day.
You will usually ovulate between 12-36 hours after your first +opk. So you will want to have sex for the next 2-3 days after your first + opk.
You can ovulate up to 5 days after the +opk it’s rare.
You can also get a +opk and not ovulate. Your body can "gear up" to ovulate and give you the LH surge but not release the egg. The only way you will know for sure that you ovulated is to temp. :winkwink:
Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->