Cd 35 bfn

MARIEX3

Reaction score
Hello,

Hoping someone can shed some light onto me. I have about 35-40 day cycle. I am currently on CD 35 . I tested on CD 33 and had a BFN. Im scared to test because afraid AF is going to show up. I currently using OVIA app to track my cycles and when i BD. It tells me I have one day till testing but not sure how accurate it is based on what I input into the app. Should I start temping? or using OPKs.

Please advise any help would be appreciated.

If your cycles are irregular (mine are too) Ovia isn't great at predicting anything. I basically used it just to keep track of the date I ovulated.

You could still be pregnant this month, if you tested cd33 and sometimes have a 40 day cycle that would be testing at just 7dpo which would be so early.

Personally, I used OPKs this time round. Temping wasn't a viable option as I have an erratic sleeping pattern (thanks to my 2yo!) and I know I do ovulate each cycle, so using opks gave me a few days warning to get going, as I usually have a few days of positives. And it worked really well for me - I usually have 45-55 day cycles, but this cycle I had just a 34 day cycle, and so if I had OPKed, I wouldn't have known to BD at the right time at all. So I would really recommend them.

Yeah thats what I was thinking and its not giving me my correct fertile days so i feel so lost and confused. Im hoping to test tomorrow and see if I get my BFP. Wish me luck !

Good luck! I did find it annoying that it was so unable to help with my tracking - for example even when I logged that I had ovulate, and it updated my fertile window, it didn't update when my period was due. So it would have my period due maybe four weeks after I ovulated! Just seemed to basically only work for abolsutely regular, perfect cycles. But still, a good way to keep track of symptoms and things anyway.

hi there...hoping you get you r bfp but if you do not...maybe i can help shed light for you
i am in fact just in the last days i am back here on these boards to "pay forward" all i learned in a 5 year , over 40, TTC journey (and i was/am single as well)
so i learned all about
- getting my cycle on track
- having good fertile CF
- healing ovarian cycsts
- balancing my own hormones
- at home inseminations
- known donors
and in the end
- anonymous donations overseas and ART procedures

SO - i have a ton to share.
and my twins just turned 2 :)

also started a closed fb group which already has 16 TTC women for 24/7 TTC discussion i...f ...you want to check it out
"fertility for real:woman to woman"

the first thing i'd say is
- if you have long cycles, it is BEST to help your body ovulate on time. it increases chances to conceive. i wrote a blog post about that specifically a few months ago
- i am "old fashioned" (being over 45 years old) and i like charting by hand. i don't think an APP can do it.
once you track your ovulation , which is likely "late" , you can use changes in lifestyle, herbs and foods to help your body imporve it's hormone balance- i mean, i did and i managed to do it at 41! that was the first time in my life i had crisp cycles with on time ovulation and all because i SO wanted to conceive and researched a ton- directly with experts

let me know how i can help further...

Thank you so much

Good luck! I did find it annoying that it was so unable to help with my tracking - for example even when I logged that I had ovulate, and it updated my fertile window, it didn't update when my period was due. So it would have my period due maybe four weeks after I ovulated! Just seemed to basically only work for abolsutely regular, perfect cycles. But still, a good way to keep track of symptoms and things anyway.

Exactly It confused me a bunch! I think im just going to order some OPK's and go from there see what I can do.

They helped me conceive my first, and now this pregnancy too. And if you know roughly when you may ovulate then it should only be a few days of testing to pinpoint it! (I've had long cycles when I've had to do 30+ opks!) and they are pretty cheap so would definitely give the, a go.

Thanks !! its just such a long process, not that Im actually wanting another its so hard for it to happen. With my first I wasnt trying. Seems like when you want something bad it doesnt come. How did you chart your OPKS? Did you save them and label them by CD?

No, it was usually pretty clear which ones were negative, so I tossed those. Any that were close to positive I took a picture of, and then used it to compare with the next few days. It was always really clear when I got a positive - they were very dark - and so I took a picture, logged the info on Ovia and that was it.

Yes, my second was a surprise baby, and then when we were ready for no3 it took us almost 8 months. And it can be so hard and soul destroying. But yet we keep going!

and for it to be positive it has to be as dark as the control line correct ? Yeah im just gonna test today and go from there and def keep you posted?

Yes as dark or darker. Here's an example of one of my positives

Attachments

• IMG_9098.jpg
    IMG_9098.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 3
Okay. And I have a couple threads that Ive been talking with, not sure if you are or have in the past did temping ?

I did do in the past, with my first. I did temping, opks and saliva ferning first time round!

UPDATE : I tested again this morning and once again i get a BFN. I am on CD 37 and still no sign of AF. This is driving me nuts to the point where I dont even want to test anymore, if it happens it happens. I dont know if me stressing is just causing AF not to come. With my first pregnancy I would get BFN up until I was 9 weeks pregnant. My HCG levels where low and home pregnancy test could not detect until I was 10 weeks pregnant. Im not sure if this is whats happening. Im going to give it a few more days and if AF doesnt show her ugly face I will make an appt for a blood test.

Wish me luck :(

Aw, I'm sorry things aren't being straightforward for you. But fingers crossed this is just the same as your previous pregnancy.

Good luck, and keep me posted xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"