Cervical Cancer Vaccine - Gardasil

suzan

Reaction score
Too bad this vaccine shouldnt be taken above the age of 26. I am 27yrs old and I wish I can take the vaccine. With Jade's death and other information, I think that the awareness has lighten up this vaccine.

Has anyone taken into consideration having it? Did anyone have it?

My doctor put the pressure on me to get it during my last visit (for something completely unrelated), but I'm not going to do it. With the research I've done and my extreme sensitivities to things the general population tolerates well, I'm not willing to risk the side effects other women have talked about.

I know, I know. Some women are going to think I'm crazy, but... Just do your research. There have been some really bad side effects. And like I said, I am generally very sensitive to even mild things.

I'll stick with PAP smears only.

My doctor put the pressure on me to get it during my last visit (for something completely unrelated), but I'm not going to do it. With the research I've done and my extreme sensitivities to things the general population tolerates well, I'm not willing to risk the side effects other women have talked about.

I know, I know. Some women are going to think I'm crazy, but... Just do your research. There have been some really bad side effects. And like I said, I am generally very sensitive to even mild things.

I'll stick with PAP smears only.
U r not crazy coz I did a research too and its true what u r saying!!
I created this thread just after a friend of mine told me she will do it next week, but after ur response and some googling, I emailed her the articles and told her to rethink!!

Thanks girl!

The risks are much, much lower than they sound like. Put it into context. You are far far FAR more likely to die in a car crash than to have any major side effects. The injection site being sore for a day it normal and nothing to worry about - most injection sites hurt because you were punctured. But as for anything truly bad happening, less of a chance than dying in a car accident.

i dont think its being offered over here unless your a teenager at school?

Here it's free for any woman from 9 - 26. At least, it is until December of this year.

One of our big papers ran an article on it and encouraged anyone who had a bad reaction to come forward.

I don't mind a bit of soreness, but I'm just not willing to risk - even if it is a tiny risk - what some of those women went through. I guess it's just because I've reacted to too many things that were 'fine for most people'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->