Cervical Length/Preterm Labor

LadyBuggy4

Reaction score
Long story short....I have been having cramps, went to Ob and was told I had a uti. Gave me antibiotics and 2 days later I felt worse. Went to get check out at L&D and they said I am having contractions. My cervical length is 3.3cm. Does that seem short? I was only 19w3d when measured.

I have previously had a loop excision to remove some of my cervix and have had to go for a cervical scan I had this last week at 20w 1d and mine was only 2.6mm and I was told this was an acceptable length and have been discharged from the consultant and told I can go ahead with my planned home birth!!

I did a lot of research into this as I knew it could be an issue for myself and I did think 2.6mm was short but my consultant and the mw assured me it was fine and that they only become concerned at below 2.5mm (they also said there was arguements to say that anything above 2mm was fine!!

As part of my research too I have read that the chance of preterm labour is quite small due to this reason too so try not to worry! I think they would be more concerned if your cervix is open tho mine was closed at scan.

Hope that helps xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"