Cervix not dilating!?

Mummy2Be__x

Mummy to Aaliyah
Reaction score
I've been having irregular contractions for some weeks now, Saturday they started coming regular, Sunday night went down L&D and she confirmed I'm 1cm dilated. Contractions got a lot more intense, every 3 mins lasting over 1min !!!This went on for the whole of yesterday. I went down L&D again cos had a major clear out, pressure and the contractions was starting to hurt me !! The midwife checked again, and still 1cm dilated !!!!!!!! Why am I not dilating ? She said babies head is where it should be ready to give birth, contractions are how they should be but I'm just not dilating !! What can I do to try and dilate?!

I am sorry. I had something similar with my last son. Started having contractions and loosing plug even with bloody show. But my cervix didn't dialate at all. FOR 2 WEEKS.
I had two sweeps. And still nothing. I went in to be induced at 42 weeks and my cervix as till posterior, thick, firm, and 0 dilation. Not even a finger tip. Hope your body starts cooperating soon!!!!! At least your baby is coming down. I think the reason my body didn't cooperate was that baby head was too big and just would not enter the pelvis. Even after inducing at dialating to 9 cm my baby wouldn't go into the pelvis and ended up with emcs. He had little bruises on either side of his scalp when born from being jammed into my pelvic bone with every contraction. POOR GUY :( Give your body time. If baby is doing what he should be doing I am sure you will get there soon. It could be your just in early labour still.

I am sorry. I had something similar with my last son. Started having contractions and loosing plug even with bloody show. But my cervix didn't dialate at all. FOR 2 WEEKS.
I had two sweeps. And still nothing. I went in to be induced at 42 weeks and my cervix as till posterior, thick, firm, and 0 dilation. Not even a finger tip. Hope your body starts cooperating soon!!!!! At least your baby is coming down. I think the reason my body didn't cooperate was that baby head was too big and just would not enter the pelvis. Even after inducing at dialating to 9 cm my baby wouldn't go into the pelvis and ended up with emcs. He had little bruises on either side of his scalp when born from being jammed into my pelvic bone with every contraction. POOR GUY :( Give your body time. If baby is doing what he should be doing I am sure you will get there soon. It could be your just in early labour still.

I've also been having a bloody show :( I really thought yesterday it would be it ! Thankyou, I hope so too !! I'm going to beg my MW tomorrow to give me a sweep!!! Aww poor baby, same happened with my nephew he got stuck !!! I just want it to hurry up and be in active labour :( x

I hate to say it and its probably not what you want to hear, but your contractions probably just arent strong enough yet.

I was like this with my first, was in agony, regular contractions, crying, but nothing was happening, i couldnt imagine the pain could get any worse but boy was i in for a shock. About 36 hours later the pain upped another level and i finally, slowly, started to dilate. Took ages to get to 5cm, and then she broke my waters and it progressed fairly quick after that.

While your contractions may not be causing you to dilate im sure they are still playing their part and getting everything softened and ready for when proper labour kicks in :hugs: wont be long now xx

Aww hun I do feel for you, but this is happening to 1 of my friends rite now and mw/consultant gave told her some people can be in slow labour for weeks and really best thing you can do is let baby cone when its ready! Little monkey is teasing you, you still have a little bit to go and all so I know u don't want to hear it but I would just try and sit back and leave nature take its course xxx

I know its frustrating but she will make it up to u when she finally comes xx

I can't be like this for weeks :( The pressure is unreal !!! Just want it over and done with now but I'm going to try and not focus on it now :(

I'm sorry hon :hugs: but there are other things your contractions could be accomplishing. They could be effacing or softening, or moving baby down or into a better position. Each contraction is still one contraction closer to meeting your baby even if dilation isn't what they're accomplishing at the moment.

I can't be like this for weeks :( The pressure is unreal !!! Just want it over and done with now but I'm going to try and not focus on it now :(

Aww hun I know it must be awful.........my baby had been 2/5 engaged for weeks been told this afternoon back to 3/5 now and not on favoured side anymore :( plus no more sweeps allowed in UK before due dates.....she told me plenty if curries, fresh pineapple and sex is about all that could get things moving.......she been a mw for 25 years so worth a shot. Hope ur ok hun :hugs: xx

I'm starting to think my baby don't want to meet me lol ! Been having sex, pineapples and curries :( Tried walking miles, bouncing on my ball, so I've gave up !!! I'll wait till my body is ready now xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->