cervix pain

jeoestreich

Mother of 2
Reaction score
I am 33 weeks and I have been having some cervix pain. It is only when I am walking or when I am trying to roll over in bed. Is anyone else experiencing this? It is like a shooting pain. I have only had it for a few days but it is annoying. Also it comes and goes. It is not all of the time.

Yes I had it the other night. I was literally yelping in pain. I remember it in my other pregnancies too. I've heard it called "lightening crotch" and that is exactly what it feels like!

I didn't have it with my first one. So this is brand new to me. I have decided that it sucks. Lol

Lightning crotch. Shooting pains in the cervix. It's a late pregnancy symptom, usually, as a result of the baby getting bigger and dropping lower, putting pressure on your cervix which cause those shooting pains as a result of the stretch and nerves in the area.

For me it started at about week 30, very sporadically mainly when I was laying down or seated would they hit.

One time they kept up even after moment should have passed. One after the other. For me that change in sensation and frequency was as a result of dilation and effacement. When I got checked out because of a growing concern they told me at 32 weeks I was dilated and effaced.

It petered out in frequency but still happened on occasion until today and yesterday where frequency has picked up again!

It sucks especially bc you can't control (at least I can't) the yelping it makes you do!

I had it happen once during last pregnancy. I was probably 30 something weeks but not yet 36. It came and went for hours one evening but then it never came back. I dunno if it causes any dilation or effacement. I was barely 1cm dilated when my dr started checking at maybe 38 or 39 weeks. Maybe the lightening crotch got me to 1cm?

Yes, it's horrible isn't it :cry: I had it quite badly with my son's pregnancy, not as badly this time but there have been a few occasions where I feel like baby is going to burst out of there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->