Cesarean/C-Sec chances?

S

Serene123

If your labour is induced what's the chance of surgical intervention? I've never known anyone to be induced and it not result in a cesarean/c-sec. Just wondering how high the chance of induction causing cesarean/c-sec intervention is? Personally, I wouldn't mind going 16 days over-due without induction if it meant I was more likely to be able to give birth vaginally. Anyone know the odds? I can't seem to find them.

:(

If your cervix is not favourable, the chances are quite high.

That is the problem with induction from all the reading I have done. The body is not ready for labor. So to augment this they use drugs. Most of the time it is pitocim, which causes longer stronger much more intense contractions. This is going to be wayyyy more painful than if were a natural contraction. So then they have to give pain meds. A lot of times, this then slows down the labor. So they give more pit. This creates an almost start-stop effect. The longer stronger contractions also effect the baby. The longer constriction and much stronger constriction of the baby more often than not puts the baby into distress and boom. Time for a c-section. This is why in the US the c-section rate is now 1 in 3 women.

This is why I do not want a hospital birth. I want the freedom to allow my body to do what it is meant to do. No IV, not pain meds, no interference. I beleive in my body and in my ability to have a baby without medical help.

my mum was induced, and gave birth to my brother.

32 hours later!..pft. I bet these days they'd have c sectioned her!!

My mom was induced with both pregnancies and both me and my sister were born naturally.

Oh god do I feel sorry for her. My labour with my daughter was induced because my waters broke 32 hours prior and I have had infections in my uterus. That labour was WORSE then a natural labour. :hissy: I refuse to be induced again. Everything Samantha675 said I completely agree with.

If your labour is induced what's the chance of surgical intervention? I've never known anyone to be induced and it not result in a cesarean/c-sec. Just wondering how high the chance of induction causing cesarean/c-sec intervention is? Personally, I wouldn't mind going 16 days over-due without induction if it meant I was more likely to be able to give birth vaginally. Anyone know the odds? I can't seem to find them.

:(
i know quite alot of people who were induced and all give birth vaginally, ive never been induced myself - however i have been given a cervex sweep twice which worked a treat both times! also a note to remember is they only start inducing you if you go over your due date as it can becomes unsafe for the baby and the placenta doesnt work effectivly

There is a cycle of intervention which begins with induction. have a look here https://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0CYD/is_1_38/ai_96891958

Induction is just one thing in a long line of interventions. Studies have found that the more interventions I woman has the more likely she is to have a c-section. I know several women who have been induced & the majority have ended with sections. Those who have had naturally started labours & induced labours definitely found the induced ones to be more difficult & more painful.

Coming from someone who has had an induced labour, I completely agree.

also a note to remember is they only start inducing you if you go over your due date as it can becomes unsafe for the baby and the placenta doesnt work effectivly

There's a lot of things with this sentence that aren't true. First of all, they induce for a lot of reasons besides being over due. Second, it's not unsafe to go over your due date. They base due dates on 40 weeks, but the avg. 1st pregnancy is closer to 42 weeks and for subsequent pregnancies the avg. is 41 weeks. It's very rare that the placenta starts to die before you go into labor naturally, no matter how many days or weeks you are over.

There's a lot of things with this sentence that aren't true. First of all, they induce for a lot of reasons besides being over due. Second, it's not unsafe to go over your due date. They base due dates on 40 weeks, but the avg. 1st pregnancy is closer to 42 weeks and for subsequent pregnancies the avg. is 41 weeks. It's very rare that the placenta starts to die before you go into labor naturally, no matter how many days or weeks you are over.

You are right, a due date is only an estimate. EDD = estimate due date. I see no reason for induction unless the baby is in distress. When I was 38 weeks they were talking about induction at 39 weeks if I hadn't gone into labour so I wouldn't go overdue. I didn't agree to it.

I was induced, and finally got a c-section 6 days later!!!!

With my first i was induced took 4 days argh, i had the gel on my cervix, i had the gel on monday nothing the gel tuesday nothing wednesday they did nothing cos delivery was full and i had another lot on thursday and went in to labour at at half 12, they had to break my waters and he was born naturally that was 6 years ago.

I was induced and ended up having a c-section , i think it just depends how well your body handles it. AS there are women that have givin birth naturally and those that just couldnt from being induced.

i think you may of misunderstood me i was not saying that the only reason they only induce you is if you go over your due date, i was saying the only reason they due induce when you go over your due date is "it can becomes unsafe for the baby and the placenta doesnt work effectivly"

OMG what did you think of that????? :hugs:

HaHa, Oh I was right choked!! They were turning my oxytocin drip up and down according to how busy they were, and my water was broken for 4 days!! I remember one night I finally got into good labour, after about 6 hours of it, they decided they were too busy so they turned my drip right down, and sent me to bed. I would have to say those were the most depressing 6 days that I have ever been through... I would wake up every morning with high hopes, and go to bed everynight crying. Also I was not allowed to have people stay with me either.

It turns out that my son was in there sideways, and they would have known that with a simple scan!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->