Chamomile Tea - is it safe?

Nicole_E

Reaction score
I love my chamomile tea! I have to be awake at 4:30am during the week to be at work by 6am, and it's the only thing that helps relax and calm me enough to go to sleep early. :sleep: I've been researching all night about this and I've come across conflicting reports. A bunch of articles say its okay to drink herbal teas (in moderation of course), and others say to avoid them all together because they could harm the baby. I don't want to give this up all together, what is your opinion on it? Anyone drink herbal teas while pregnant before?

I've never heard of herbal teas being harmful in pregnancy (the common "European" ones anyway, I think there are a few in Chinese medicine to be weary of). And I come from a place where people have LOTS of herbal teas, on a daily basis, and they're also given to infants instead of water (once you start giving fluids obviously). I can't imagine how a cup or two of camomile tea a day should be harmful to your baby. Some are said to be labour inducing in large (and I mean large!) quantities, such as parsley or cinnamon, but I've never heard of an effect of camomile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->