Changed formulas, Suddenly pooing after every feed and upset!

teacup

Reaction score
My 4 month old baby always was a little constipated on Aptamil and would do one poo every 1-2 days which would be fairly hard (sometimes like a mini adult poo!)

So I changed her formula to Hipp Organic on Monday and she started getting enormous watery poos and crying lots after feeding. So I changed her back to Aptamil on Friday but she's still getting watery poos after every feed (they often leak out the side of her nappy!) She crys after her feed and arches her back and eventually does some wind and this watery poo. :(

Do you think she has a tummy bug? Or could her system be getting used to all the changes? We have only been giving her the bottled Aptamil since changing back because we normally use the perfect prep machine but the filter needs changing - so haven't used the powdered version like we normally do - could the powder cause harder poos and the bottled formula cause more liquid poos?

She sleeps very well at night still - 12 hours straight! And seems fine before her feed and after waking.

Sorry - I don't know how many times I have said the word poo in this post! Has anyone had any problems like the above after changing formulas? Thank you!

My LO is fed on Hipp and I have found her poo to be much softer and more watery than DS was (he had Aptimil).

We visit family away quite often for the weekend and during that time she is fed only ready to feed cartons, then her poos are even more watery! I don't know if it's the way they are produced but I do find it changes the consistency.

We moved DS from Aptimil to Hipp without issue, but I don't have any advice on being unsettled after feeding, DD has been on Hipp since we switched to formula at 2 weeks and has been very happy on it.

It does sound like Aptimil causes constipation in your LO and it's hard to say if it's a tummy bug that's as a coincidence has happened at the same time as changing formulas.

With a potty training toddler and an 8 week old baby all I do is talk about poo!

Thanks!

Yes I think that the bottled milks make her poos softer- but pooing up to four times a day is v excessive compared to her once every 1-2 days before. When I first made the Hipp Organic using the powder it had a couple of little lumps in it which I only noticed when she was half way down the bottle, so maybe the milk didn't get sterilised properly and she's got a little bug. I think I'll take her to the doc this week and get her back on the Aptamil powder once I've got a new filter for her perfect prep machine. xx

My LO was pooping after every feed as well. He was on Enfamil A+. We went to the doctor as the constant pooping gave him terrible diaper rash. We ended up switching to a milk based, lactose free formula and that stopped the excessive pooping and he's been fine since. Pooping a soft poop about once a day, on the rare day he may have 2 small poops instead on one big one.

My LO was pooping after every feed as well. He was on Enfamil A+. We went to the doctor as the constant pooping gave him terrible diaper rash. We ended up switching to a milk based, lactose free formula and that stopped the excessive pooping and he's been fine since. Pooping a soft poop about once a day, on the rare day he may have 2 small poops instead on one big one.

Thank you! yes I wondered if it could be a lactose thing. Which milk did you switch to please? Was your LO crying lots after a feed too? xx

Thank you! yes I wondered if it could be a lactose thing. Which milk did you switch to please? Was your LO crying lots after a feed too? xx

He wouldn't cry - it actually didn't bother him much at all.

I switched to Enfamil A+ Lactose free. My doctor wants us to try the regular formula again in a month or two. Said a lactose reaction most probably will go away :)

I think I've worked out it was her rotavirus vaccine that has upset her tummy. I hope the symptoms clear up soon because she's just not herself. :cry:

I think I've worked out it was her rotavirus vaccine that has upset her tummy. I hope the symptoms clear up soon because she's just not herself. :cry:

Oh no, how long ago did she get it? Mine is going for his on the 10th and I'm pretty nervous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->