Changes to your body when off the pill for the first time

Mrs Doddy

1 pink 1 blue
Reaction score
I am experiencing several changes that I did not have on the pill or remember having before (although this was 9 years ago and only a teenager)

hormonal symptoms - likely to be because of coming off the pill

Increased sex drive
Cramps day 9-11 (mild) / 17-20 (really bad)
Nipples erect (weren't too much before) and darkened areola / tender to the touch
Itchy @@'s
Very emotional
Scatty brain
Spots

At the same time I am wondering if the cramps days 17-20 could have been implantation ??? probably not but my mind is now in overdrive !!!

Anyone else had the above after coming off the pill or other things ???

Hi I have everything you descibed and the twice i have come off the pill i was 2 weeks late. Hope this helps.

TBH a lot of women when coming off the pill, feel like they're pregnant!

yeh i have all of those it is just your body reajusting to the lack of extra hormoans running round your body it does calm down!! the cramps dont so much but ibuprofin and a hot water bottle wont fix or a nice warm shower they do calm down a bit though but sometimes when you are paying more attention to your body you notice it all more! i know i do an i drive my self crazy!!

Ive just come off Cerazette and im experiencing all those symptoms, the cramps r evil!! and so is the back pain, grrrr.
Stick with it, and it should get back to normal soon.
Its just the hormones readjusting in your body.
x

When I went off the pill after being on for several years I was pregnant the next month! I know all of the symtoms you're experiencing can be from the sudden change of hormone levels in your body and are pretty common. If it's been long enough since your last AF - a pg test might help put your mind at ease.

Thanks Mary J - I think that I will test next week if nothing has happened

Hope you get the result you're looking for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->