Changing Bed Times (advice pls)

Sweetie

DD, DS, and a Surprise!!!
Reaction score
Tonight is day 2 of my attempt to change Brooklynns bedtime. She has been going down between 10 and 11 for the last while and I keep hearing about all these 7:30ish bedtimes and thought I would try it too.

What can you all reccomend to help... Please :blush:

**edited to add**

It's been 4 hours so far and she is still sleeping. I'm kinda scared now, it can't be this easy:shrug: :shhh: I'm off to bed too then guess we will see

Hiya. We had the same problem with Poppy although she was a bit younger than your LO. We would persevere in putting her down at 7ish and she would always nap for abut 15 mins, wake up and not settle till at least 9 or 10. So we gave up trying in the end and slowly over the last couple of months she has effectively brought her own bed time forward as by half 6/7pm she is tired and is not happy till we take her up to get ready for bed.

We play upstairs for a bit, bath her then and feed her and read her a story and usually by half 7 she is down for the night (I say the night, she is then up at 12, 3 and 6 :dohh:)

Does your LO have a night time 'routine?' And does she sleep a lot in the day? xx

LOL just seen your edit! Sounds like you might have cracked it! Let us know x

She is still sleeping and it's now 8am???? She fussed, didn't wake right around when I was heading to bed and I gave her a bum change and a quick bottle and she was right back out.

She had a routine but it went out the window early last week that was kinda what
prompted the attempted change. IMO she does sleep a fair bit during the day but I find that without the naps bedtime actually gets a fair bit harder.

Fingers crossed that it is this easy but... idk??

Hope it keeps up for you. Ours was simply a matter of cutting out the evening nap altogether, Hannah's in bed by 6:30 most nights!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->