Changing tax credits from monthly to weekly ?

highhopes19

Reaction score
Today I phoned tax credits and they've changed my tax credits from 4 weekly to every week which will be so much better :thumbup:.

Just wondering if anyone had done the same and how long does it take to change ?

Also they told me on the phone that changing it to weekly can result in an overpayment ? How could this happen surely it's just my usual monthly tax credits split over the weeks :wacko:

I did this recently and got an extra payment of £15 lol. I phoned them on the Tuesday, got the £15 on the following Monday then my weekly payment on the Wednesday. Hope that helps!

I get mine weekly but think i selected that from the start i find it so much easier as i have bills constantly coming out of that account so i always know theres something in there.

I've always got mine weekly. Makes managing money much easier

Mines always been weekly too, I just assumed it was always like this but obviously not, its much better getting it every week xx

That's one of the reasons I'm getting it changed to weekly because atleast we know we got somthing to fall back on always before payday. Also when we get it a lump sum we seem to spend it like water :(

Xx

I think I might change mine. I didn't realise you could tbh!

Random question about tax credits

My hours dropped from 20 down to 8in July I let them know straight away....... But every now and then at work I do over time a few extra hours a week do I need to let them know everytime I do any over time. If I do it's gonna be pointless me doing it as it'll cost me the extra I made in overtime to ring them and let them know iykwim? Xx

My hours dropped from 20 down to 8in July I let them know straight away....... But every now and then at work I do over time a few extra hours a week do I need to let them know everytime I do any over time. If I do it's gonna be pointless me doing it as it'll cost me the extra I made in overtime to ring them and let them know iykwim? Xx

Theres a certain amount extra you can earn a year before an overpayment is made, I can't remember how much it is though sorry :nope:

Theres a certain amount extra you can earn a year before an overpayment is made, I can't remember how much it is though sorry :nope:

That's ok Thankyou, just a relief that I don't have to ring every 5 minutes lol

Xx

It's worth noting ladies that the government are proposing paying benefits monthly only when universal credit kicks in and this will incorporate CTC/WTC though not set in stone.

Also, I'd check with the tax credits helpline re the amount of income disregard. We under estimated by £2k and got hit with an overpayment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->