Charting - does anyone else's temp take a while to rise after OV?

superfrizbee

Love my princess & prince
Reaction score
I'm WTT at the moment but charting my cycles as they were a bit crazy before I conceived DD after coming off BC and now I'm still BFing once a day. I think I have ovulated - I had days of ewcm and my cervix was soft. Now my ewcm has dried up and cervix is hard, but my temps havent risen dramatically. I think last.time I was charting my temps didn't rise straight away, but I cant remember. Does anyone else have this? Sometimes temping is hard with DD waking up at night recently too. I don't think I'm annovulatory...

Hi
What is Annovulatory?

I have been tempting and doing OPK's this cycle. I got what I think is a positive OPK yesterday AM... but no dramatic temp rise yet. I am kind of confused. Hmm

It means not ovulating in your cycle. my temps do rise, just not straight after when I think I've ovulated which is a bit strange!

Thanks for explaining.
do you use OPK's?

I've got some cheapy ones and I dont know if they're any good. i might start using them next cycle, or maybe I'll crack out my clearblue fertility monitor that i used when i was ttc DD...

I have never used a clearblue fertility monitor. I actually don't really know what it is. This is my 2nd cycle TTC after a MC.

I guess since you are not TTC you wouldn't really use the OPK's unless you are close to TTC....?

Sorry for your loss :( it's more that I want to understand my cycles ahead of ttc after xmas as since I'm BFing that can effect them. i would still use opk so that's a good shout. this is a clearblue fertility monitor - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0...?qid=1382201467&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX110_SY165_QL70. Pricey but good for someone like me, as when i was last ttc my cycles were 32-42 days and charting only tells you after you've ovulated, where as this shows peak fertile days but also the "medium fertility" days before you get the hormone surge that would show up on an opk.

Thanks~ that looks useful. I might look into that in a few months if it takes us a while.

I'm WTT at the moment but charting my cycles as they were a bit crazy before I conceived DD after coming off BC and now I'm still BFing once a day. I think I have ovulated - I had days of ewcm and my cervix was soft. Now my ewcm has dried up and cervix is hard, but my temps havent risen dramatically. I think last.time I was charting my temps didn't rise straight away, but I cant remember. Does anyone else have this? Sometimes temping is hard with DD waking up at night recently too. I don't think I'm annovulatory...

My chart last month was so clear. This month I feel it is a little confusing. I think my temps for the beginning of my cycle aren't reliable because of traveling and being upset. I seem to have the same thing as you though. I had fertile CM and a high/soft cervix, but still no high rise in my temperature. I'm still really new to this as it is only my second month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->