Charting or OPK experts needed! Can you offer some advice?

Ashla

Reaction score
Hi, thanks for reading! :flower:

I charted for a year or so before DS1 but am only in my second month TTC#2 so I am a little rusty on my charting. And until today, I have never used an OPK. So I am really hoping that you might be able to give me some advice on whether you think I have ovulated yet or not.

I thought (and so did FF) that I ovulated on CD10. I ovulated on CD9 last cycle, so CD10 makes sense. But I haven't gotten the sort of uplift in temps post O that I got last month or that I used to get. Then today, I dropped below my coverline:( So I did an OPK and I am not sure what the results mean. I think it is negative. But because the test line is fairly dark, does it mean I will get a positive in a day or two? Also, I am on Clomid, so I am not sure if this might affect an OPK result...

Any advice or opinions would be really appreciated.

Pics below and my chart is in my signature.

Attachments

• Phone 311.jpg
    Phone 311.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 4
  • Phone 312.jpg
    Phone 312.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 2
I just took another OPK this evening and it was definitely negative (pic below).

Does that mean that I O'd in the last 24hours and have missed the boat? If so, this is the second month in a row of taking Clomid and having absolutely no chance of being PG. I'm feeling really down right now. It took me four years to have DS1 and I was really hoping it wouldn't be as difficult the second time round :(

Attachments

• 20130606_183701_resized (2).jpg
    20130606_183701_resized (2).jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 6
Hi, thanks for reading! :flower:

I charted for a year or so before DS1 but am only in my second month TTC#2 so I am a little rusty on my charting. And until today, I have never used an OPK. So I am really hoping that you might be able to give me some advice on whether you think I have ovulated yet or not.

I thought (and so did FF) that I ovulated on CD10. I ovulated on CD9 last cycle, so CD10 makes sense. But I haven't gotten the sort of uplift in temps post O that I got last month or that I used to get. Then today, I dropped below my coverline:( So I did an OPK and I am not sure what the results mean. I think it is negative. But because the test line is fairly dark, does it mean I will get a positive in a day or two? Also, I am on Clomid, so I am not sure if this might affect an OPK result...

Any advice or opinions would be really appreciated.

Pics below and my chart is in my signature.

It's hard to say. The opks are dark, but I'm not sure they are as dark as the control line. FF did give you crosshairs already. However, sometimes FF gives them and then changes later if you have a higher, clearer rise. However, it does look pretty accurate.

A dip at 7 dpo could be good based on implantation range of 6-12 dpo. The dip could also be a secondary estrogen surge, which is totally normal and a lot of ladies get them in the tww. I know it's so frustrating to watch temps in tww. :hugs:

Are you using Advanced method or FAM method? I know people like to check both to see if they match and predict the same ovulation day. You go to "chart settings" and then "detector tuning" to look at both settings.

I think you probably already ovulated because the temp from 7 dpo is not as low as your pre-o or ovulation day temp. However, I'd say bd just in case and continue to monitor temps for the next few days. Good luck! :flower:

Thanks so much, Hopeful2014.

You talked me out of my panic yesterday, which was very much appreciated! I had a look at the FAM method on FF and it also gave me the same O day. And my temp is back up today. So I shall cross my fingers that it was an implantation dip.

Thank goodness for you and this site. I think I'd go insane otherwise- and probably drive DH insane while I was at it:wacko: Thanks again :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->