Cheap and easy soup...

jem_5500

Reaction score
REMy mum had cooked a ham joint thing the other day with loads of veggies etc, she was going to chuck it away and i asked her if i could have the stock.

Looked a bit baffled but all I did was looked in fridge and cupboard- I had some flageolet beans-what ever they are but stuck em in, tin of tomatoes then in the fridge i had soem veg edilble but past it..toms, peppers, mild chilli etc, chucked it all in with few bits of the ham joint and lightly blended it...8 portions of food later it surprsing made a really yummy soup out of stuff we would have normally chucked!

God I sound like economy gastronomy :D

Tesco had four packs of mushrooms for £2 so I sweated an onion in some butter, chucked in 2 packs of the mushrooms, added half litre chicken stock (from a cube I admit) simmered for 10 minutes, whizzed with hand blender chucked in half a tub of cream that was out of date the day before (oops) and it was really good! Cost about £1.50 and was enough for at least 4 people and tasted really luxurious - went down very well!!! Today I need to use up loads of veg so going to make soup with rice and peral barley - cheap and filling and perfect winter comfort food!

my MIL makes a hug issue of cooking soups but really it is a case of chucking it all in...they have an over run of cucumbers so i took them ad make them into a hot soup for them. she was like how you do that i said chucked it in! and she looked shocked?! Tasted very very good though :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->