Cheap furniture

Shannyxox

Mummy to Riley
Reaction score
Hey everyone :)
I'm moving out in around 4weeks and me and OH dont have hardy any furniture as we are still living with my parents, we have A bed and LO's wardrobe, We have been looking on-line and everything's so expensive! And Ebay's bits are all pick up only and to far away, are there any good websites for cheap/reasonable priced furniture? Live living room units/coffee tables?

Homebase have a sale on at the min they look to be fairly cheap :) x

ikea is cheap. or you could try places like gumtree or freecycle.
you can view by location on ebay (we found a table on there through it)

Ikea is pretty reasonable, have you had a look on freecycle to see if anyone nearby is offering any free furniture? I'm guessing somewhere like Argos would do cheap furniture as well. :flower:

In my experience ikea are the best for good quality easy to assemble cheap furniture, their shelving units and bookcases are absolutely solid in most cases; the argos and supermarket own brand stuff tends to be a lot more hit and miss xx

All my stuff is nearly Ikea -you have to be careful with looking after it though as its mainly put together with cheap chip board with thin veneer, and one knock can leave a massive hole! It all looks great if you look after it well.
e.g. We got a £7.99 Lack coffee table they are that cheap you can replace every 6 months, and we need too as well - tip always use coasters and place mats with ikea furniture :)

Do you have a local forum where you are? Plenty of people advertise their furniture on there too :)

Charity shops!!

we got our extending dinning room table & 4 chairs (looks pretty much brand new) for £150 - a simular one in ikea was £400 odd.

also our sofa which is also a sofa bed (you really cant tell its a sofa bed) was £100. all that needed doing to that was the cushion covers needed washing..

as others have said, ikea, homebase etc. local newspapers etc? x

I agree charity shops can be brill to find furniture in. I love my local Banardo's furniture store. I have a leather corner sofa that cost me £175 from there!

I always try my luck with Gumtree and Preloved too, I don't drive so I usually message the seller and see if they'll drop it off for an extra fiver. As long as it's not a massive item people are usually willing when they can! :flower:

I agree with charity shops too - we got a great sized dining table for £20! Also got Ivy's wardrobe for £25 off gumtree. Ebay is good too, although sometimes you have to pay for a courier which is a bit of a nightmare.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->