Cheap(ish) skirties?

Rachel_C

Reaction score
Anybody know of the cheapest place to buy a skirtie? Ideally I'd like to buy new but I can't afford to spend a fortune. I don't want fancy embroideries/decorations etc, just a basic but pretty skirtie to try, preferably in a plain colour rather than those ones where there are lots of colours in the wool.

can you knit? maybe find a pattern and knit it yourself, always the cheapest way :)

hehe I can just about manage a scarf or a blanket... the blanket I've half made for Leyla is still in my craft box (started when I was about 3 months pregnant!). Think I'd be better buying one! I could ask my mum but I'd feel a bit cheeky.

i'll make you one babes, i dont have my pattern with me atm but when i get home i'll make it up for you and should only take me a few weeks

there is a wool shop here so let me know what colours you like cos it is cheaper to buy the wool here lol

x

i'll make you one babes, i dont have my pattern with me atm but when i get home i'll make it up for you and should only take me a few weeks

there is a wool shop here so let me know what colours you like cos it is cheaper to buy the wool here lol

x

Are you sure? Cos that one you made for your Leyla was absolutely gorgeous, I've had serious jealousy issues with that! Could I let you know colours later please? I can send you the money for the wool now if you want and then I can just pay the rest later :)

EDIT: I've just looked at your pics again of the one you made :cloud9: Do you think you could make it with the same kind of pattern but maybe lilac/purple instead of the white, and bright pink where yours is black and pink? Basically anything super-girly, pink or purpley would be great :) Also would it be possible to have the skirt a little bit longer than yours? Wow I'm fussy, sorry!

yeh no probs, thats fine hun

right, the colours i can get are:

purple
yellow
white
cream
pink
lime green
slate blue
grey
brown
red
dark red
black
navy blue

i think thats all they do

x

Ooh I just edited my post as you posted that! Pink and purple please if poss!

ok hun, the purple is like dark lilacy and the pink is baby pink, i cant get hot pink here :( was gutted cos i wanted to make a black/hot pink pair of longies lol

would be £15 incl postage if thats ok?

x

ok hun, the purple is like dark lilacy and the pink is baby pink, i cant get hot pink here :( was gutted cos i wanted to make a black/hot pink pair of longies lol

would be £15 incl postage if thats ok?

x

That sounds lovely :) As long as it's girly and pretty I'm happy!

Would you be ok to make the skirt a bit longer than the one on yours please?

And shall I send the money to you via paypal? Or I can do a bank transfer if that's easier?

yeh, a longer skirt is no worries, just let me know how long you want it, and paypal is prob best cos i cant get to the bank atm and it gives me an excuse to buy stuff hahaha

becca, a skirtie is like a soaker that you put over fitted nappies as a wrap, it just has a skirt attached, i have pics on my facebook if you want to have a look :winkwink:

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->