Cheapest way to come back to cloth

hayley x

1AngelSon,1EarthDaughter
Reaction score
I really dont have much money but would love to come back to cloth... I have only used pocket nappies can anyone reccommend any 'cheap' ones they get on with?

Will be interested in using wraps but not sure what I'm looking for and I dont want anything too bulky :blush:

If anyone could help us get back into fluff I would soo appreciate it :flower: xxx

Have you tried any ebay cheapies hon? They can be pretty good although you'd probably need to buy some boosters too :flower:

or you could go for bumgenius flips.

you buy the covers and many inserts - you could easily get enough for a couple of days for £100 or so.

(better resale value than the Ebay cheapies)

thank you both :flower:

Daisy is a pretty heavy wetter, although seems to be reducing, maybe her age/more solids than milk?

How many outers would I need for 3 days? I will use BG's for the night, luckily I still have my 2 that didnt manage to sell :) xxx

Hayley- I would say if you really wanted to strech them out, 3 or 4 would be fine for 3 days, because if she only wees then you can just change the insert, or use a new flip too, and just give the other cover a wipe to use next time :)

Also for inserts, you could always use microfibre pads from tescos, pick 3 up for £1.50 or something, to boost the nappies out so they last longer.

There are deffo ways to get around it and take full advantage to stretch it out so you can use cloth

BG flips dry over night too so you could wash 2/3 at night and they would be fresh again in the morning xx

I used about 6 Flip inserts a day and 2/3 covers depending on explosiveness of poo! But you could just get enough for 2 days and handwash the covers each night, they'd be dry by morning x

Hubbys going to kill me :haha: wheres the cheapest place for flips :shrug: xxx

Cheeks and Cherries have free UK delivery right now hails...:thumbup:

would at least save you on postage!

Oh also YAY to fluff again! And yes...I agree with ebay cheapies or Flips!!

I am selling a green flip? and insert hun...

Ebay cheapies are good too! :D xx

i 2nd flips - i git the "day pack" has 2 covers and 6 inserts - enough for a day plus overnight. so buy a few more inserts and wash every other day until you can buy more to wash less.
i got mine at baba me - free delivery pver £40 (day pack is about £41)

Northhants has a cashback scheme as well. They give you £25 back on £60 worth of nappies.

The most economical option and the most effective is still terry squares, although bamboo is better than traditional cotton terry, as it's far less bulky for the same amount of absorbency! Nature Babies onesize wraps are about the best for efficiency twinned with e conomy, or if you can knit, or know someone who does, you could knit your own wool v=covers for just the price of the yarn, and that's the Rolls Royce of nappy covers!

I love my ebay cheapies
I have never had a leak in them!
97k Gallery is the seller i got them from
I got 12 for 63.00$ Canadian
I love them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members