Chemical? Opinions please X

MrsRich

Reaction score
After over 5 years of trying at 12dpo day AF was due (short lp) I finally got my very first faint bfp on frer, 13 + 14dpo the line got darker each day but still quite faint, on the afternoon of 14dpo I had some stretching pulling type cramps and started spotting pink :( woke up 4am 15dpo and was kinda wet below still a pink colour spotted throughout the day turned a little red then went brown I called my Gp who told me to call epu a midwife asvised me its probably a chemical and to just wait 2 weeks and test again so here I am 16 dpo not knowing what's going on :( I had one spot of brown on panty liner when I woke up today n nothing since so the bleeding only lasted a little over 24 hrs I thought an early miscarriage would be much more painful and a lot of blood? Maybe am just clutching onto false hope feel so confused! So close after so long trying and 2 weeks seems so long to wait. If this is a chemical when could I try again? Should I not be checked over? Or is this normal to be just left to get on with it?

I'm so sorry you're going through this. :( I am currently on my fourth early consecutive loss and my body seems stuck too, so I know how it is.

Have you had your beta hcg drawn? Bodies are weird, sometimes a miscarriage will happen quickly, sometimes they get stuck with even a tiny bit of hcg in the system. My first chemical I had 4 days of getting-fainter-tests, then the bleeding happened pretty quickly. My second loss at 6.5 weeks also passed fast. My third was a mmc, and now this one my hpt is sooooo faint it's a shadow and still I'm not bleeding. I'm very frustrated and hoping I won't need intervention.

So my point was, bodies are weird and unpredictable! And also no, you can have a complete early miscarriage and not bleed a lot. I expected to bleed a LOT when I used misoprostol to trigger my mmc in Dec, I barely bled more than a medium-ish period. I bled so little I went to the ER because I was convinced I was stalled, turns out all the tissue had passed. However what always happens to me is that my second normal AF after a loss is really really heavy and long. I think for me my lining doesn't completely shed during a m/c but then sheds the cycle after.

Lots of ((((hugs)))). If I were you I'd go get a beta drawn and then at least you'll know whether to expect things to pass quickly on their own or take awhile.....But yeah it's totally normal to stop/start bleeding too which is such a frustrating thing. I guess too it depends on what your midwife usually does. I'm pretty tightly monitored since I'm an infertility patient and I have a blocked tube, so I'm at high risk of ectopic. For me even if I have a full period bleed I still have to go back for more beta hcg next week because they're watching for ectopic for me.

Oh and I've always tried again right away. I know all the dr's want you to wait at least a cycle (or more) but I never have. From what I know it's more for dating purposes if you conceive again immediately than any risk to the next pregnancy.

It could just be implantation bleeding. I think it's pretty poor of hospital to tell you to wait 2 weeks before testing again.
I understand that from their point of view they can't do much- scanning it pointless before 6 weeks really, but for your own sanity.
A test will go negative fairly quickly after a chemical, Id just continue to test and see if the line is progressing or not. Best of luck!

If she tested positive it can't be implantation. You have to implant before getting positives.

However, light spotting around the time of your period isn't unheard of it in early pregnancy. I'd take another test.

I agree though see if your tests get darker because mine faded very quickly with my chemical and the day after AF was due, I was testing totally negative.

If she tested positive it can't be implantation. You have to implant before getting positives.

However, light spotting around the time of your period isn't unheard of it in early pregnancy. I'd take another test.

I agree though see if your tests get darker because mine faded very quickly with my chemical and the day after AF was due, I was testing totally negative.

Not at all, the baby can take days to bury in fully, and additionally the blood can take a few days to work it's way out.

Thanks so much for your replies lady's I really appreciate being able to talk to u all who have been through this.. It really helps, but last night my situation got worse I was in a lot of pain and passed some small clots along with a lot of dark blood so i did another frer this morning and the line was barely there �� i went to my gp surgery this morning and the nurse i seen was lovely she drew blood to check hcg levels which will be back tomorrow and got me a prescription signed for painkillers. I'm absolutely devastated I've done nothing but cry, my heart goes out to u who have been through this a number of times u must be so strong coz my heart is totally broken. I want to try again straight away the nurse actually said I will be more fertile this cycle but am so afraid of this happening again.. I will update u all with my blood results tomorrow but I know in myself its all over X

I'm so so sorry MrsRich. :( {{{{hugs}}}} I'm there too, except my body won't even start bleeding properly and I'll probably need intervention.

Cry, rage, scream, do what you need to do. Grieve how you want, don't let anyone tell you you shouldn't talk about it or that it's not utterly devastating - it is. Don't try again right away if you're not ready either.

I will say that my first loss was the most devastating, because I lost my innocence with it. Every other one has been awful and incredibly painful, but not as much of a shock as that first loss. I took almost a year off before I could stand to even think about ttc again after the first one.

Again, I'm so, so sorry. I wish none of us had to go through this sh!t. :(

I'm so sorry hun. I'm glad the nurse was understanding and caring xx

I'm sorry for your loss. I had a chemical pregnancy on 14 May and it's really devastating to be excited one minute then lose it the next. My bleeding was heavy but only lasted 4 days with moderate but bearable cramps the first 2-3 days.

All the best in the future, I hope you get a sticky bean next time. I'm currently in the 2ww and really anxious because I don't want this to ever happen again.

Be kind to yourself. Grieve however you need to, then when you are ready, put all your positive energy into trying again xx

Thanks so much for your comments, I'm slowly getting there emotionally. Still suffering with cramping and lower back pain but I guess that's my body getting back to normal... My bloods came back level 4 so for me that's confirmation its going down as it must of been higher to get get a positive test in the first place but I have to go in for more blood work tomorrow until my levels reach 0 ... Not sure why as from what I understand below 5 is negative :/ but my doctor insists on a 2nd test. I've decided to try again straight away as the nurse says I should be extra fertile this cycle and I don't want to regret not trying LOL although am slightly confused to when I should ovulate? Its normally CD 17 so do I take the first day of bleeding from miscarriage as CD1 ? ...goodluck on your tww journey hope u get ir bfp wish85 :) I'm not going to test till am at least 2wks late in future or at least that's what am telling myself haha Xxxx

Thanks so much for your comments, I'm slowly getting there emotionally. Still suffering with cramping and lower back pain but I guess that's my body getting back to normal... My bloods came back level 4 so for me that's confirmation its going down as it must of been higher to get get a positive test in the first place but I have to go in for more blood work tomorrow until my levels reach 0 ... Not sure why as from what I understand below 5 is negative :/ but my doctor insists on a 2nd test. I've decided to try again straight away as the nurse says I should be extra fertile this cycle and I don't want to regret not trying LOL although am slightly confused to when I should ovulate? Its normally CD 17 so do I take the first day of bleeding from miscarriage as CD1 ? ...goodluck on your tww journey hope u get ir bfp wish85 :) I'm not going to test till am at least 2wks late in future or at least that's what am telling myself haha Xxxx

Thank you. Bfn's so far, AF due Thursday. I told myself I wasn't going to test unless I was late but that went out the window didn't it?! I really hope it happens quickly for you & that you get a sticky bean. Yes you count the first day of bleeding as CD1. As for ovulation, from everything I've read it could happen earlier, later, or on time! Not much help but everyone is so different. Just BD regularly the whole cycle to cover your bases. Good luck xx

Hi All,

Just thought I would comment on this as I also had an early miscarriage in Feb and we tried straight away as well.

I don't have very regular OV days and I can be early (CD 14) or (CD 26) so I tend to test for a LONG period of time, generally from CD10 until whenever (I really hate having to hold me wee all afternoon!!) After my m/c in Feb it was CD 21 before I OV and even later the following month at CD 26... I very nearly gave up!! Then it started getting shorter again and I OV at CD 21 on my third cycle after the m/c and caught again, but sadly had another early m/c with that one too. I'm now on CD 6 and waiting...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->