Chemicals in sposies.. good online link? Trying to convince OH...

Hayley90

Complete
Reaction score
As above really. Im not 100% on what is in sposies, only from what i have read on here & other nappy sites through other people. Ive never seen anything 1st hand.

I cant really convince liam without hard solid evidence (a decent website or something!) showing the chemicals & their dangers.

He uses cloth on harrison (sometimes with prompting), but his 1st reach is always to the sposies, and i want it to be in his brain that sposie = bad! He often "forgets" to use cloth :dohh:

So, where do all you nappy experts get your info from? Otherwise i fear i am fighting a losing battle :(

Thanks girls! x

good luck finding info - i did an article a while back that you might find handy but sposie companies don't put contents/ingredients on their wrappers!

What's in your nappy?

i would be tempted to throw out the sposies if he is going to "forget" but i know sposies are a good back up to have around (i still have ones he fits in from when he was small) but if he keeps using them then you have to keep buying them and you wont be saving much money! (even an expensive nappy stash saves money!) but if i were you i would hide the sposies and he wont be able to use them! And tbh tell him you dont beleive he can take a cloth nappy off and forget to put one on :p

ive just read a heap of stuff about them having links to male fertility, and he didnt seem too keen on his little guy having ineffective testicles! Hopefully things like that stick in his mind, i dont think he will "forget: anymore! We only have them for night time atm, until we get our night nappies. his attitude is "one a day wont kill him" :dohh:

gonna keep on with the articles, he agrees that when our night nappies are here we can wave bye bye to the sposies :)

:thumbup:

when you LO has been in cloth a little while, let him use one sposie, he'll soon realise how bad they smell when compared to cloth. (you seriously don't notice til you've switched)

:thumbup:

when you LO has been in cloth a little while, let him use one sposie, he'll soon realise how bad they smell when compared to cloth. (you seriously don't notice til you've switched)

VERY true :) my dh was constantly chekcing lo's sposie when we were in Paris on hols he was so convuinced lo had poo-ed non-stop but it was just the smell hehe

ive noticed that too!! they smell like they have pood, even when he hasnt :wacko:

gonna have to stick with them for a while, not only am i lacking night nappies, my ittis are dying :cry:

(you seriously don't notice til you've switched)

I'm so glad I read this, I thought I was going mad :rofl:

My Mum has been looking after LO whilst I was on placement these last 4 weeks. I'd always send her in cloth, but my Mum was a total wuss and bought Pampers, which LO would inevitably come home in :dohh: OMG the smell! :sick: I thought I was going mental, so it's good to know that it's not just me!

Oh, and I've persuaded my Mum to stick with cloth for the 2 days that she'll have LO when I'm back at Uni. I showed her an Issy and an Itti AIO, and even she agreed that they are not complicated :D Think I'll get a couple more AIOs, when I have the funds :rofl:

:rofl:
No, honey your not going mad!
you honestly don't realise how much the chemicals in them can stink! you really don't notice if the smell is there all the time just when it's come back having been away for a while!

I hate when people go out and buy sposies for you - it's almost as though they think they're helping you out as poor you can't afford to buy them!!! (they obviously don't know how much a reusable costs :dohh:)

Another point to make is that the amount of sposies used from birth to potty is enough to fill up your living room from floor to ceiling and that one cup of crude oil is used in the plastic of one sposie! Imagine how many cups of crude oil that would be from birth to potty! :sick:
It's worked on my OH, and when he gets fed up with the whole cloth thing, I just remind him of the points above ;)

:sick: ewww crude oil on bubs' bits! no no no!
The temperature inside plastic nappies affecting sperm cell production got Liam i think. he doesnt want an infertile son and neither do i! even the suggestion that its a remote cause is enough for me!!

Besides, i was showing him HL parrot bed bugs yesterday, he liked the colours.... i think i got him ;)

I just found this: https://codenamemama.com/2010/08/10/cloth-diapers-part-2/

There are 3 parts. it is quite interesting. sorry if it has been posted already

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"