Chest Pain...any other sufferers?

GemM83

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Bit of a random one, and I have booked a Doctors appointment, but I just wanted to see if anyone else suffers from the same kind of thing.

I am a…ahem..relatively unfit 34 year old and since the beginning of the year I have been suffering from intermittent chest pains. Sometimes right on my breastbone, sometimes to the left.

It all started when a colleague of mine said something rather funny and I Lol’d very abrubtly. As soon as I did it I got a stabbing pain in my chest. After a couple of days it subsided, but then its been coming back every now and then.

Now, my lump of a 2 year old DD has a habit of climbing all over me. Her favourite is to climb up my legs, onto my tummy and up my chest. I have had to stop her from doing this as sometimes the pressure really hurts and takes my breath away. She also has the most annoying habit of digging her elbows into my chest to launch herself out of a cuddle if she’s been sitting on me.

Has anyone else suffered from this kind of pain? I suffer with anxiety anyways (which I know probably isn’t helping), and unfortunately I am one of these “googlers” of any symptom and quite frankly I’m pooping myself with the diagnosis.

As I say I am generally unfit and don’t drink anywhere as much water as I should do (although trying to now), could it be that I have twanged/pulled something and due to my unfit-ness AND the picking up and putting down of DD is hampering the healing process?

Any advice would be amazing!

I get strange chest pains, too. Mine will actually move around my chest and sometimes start in my shoulder. When they get really bad it can be hard to breathe so I have to stay on top of it.

I've been to a cardiologist for testing and my regular doctor and it turns out I may have arthritis in my chest. For me taking ibuprofen does the trick and if not I just call the cardiologist and they'll give me a stronger anti-inflammatory which makes the pain go away after a few days.

Good luck! Chest pains can be really scary. I hope it's nothing serious for you.

I get strange chest pains, too. Mine will actually move around my chest and sometimes start in my shoulder. When they get really bad it can be hard to breathe so I have to stay on top of it.

I've been to a cardiologist for testing and my regular doctor and it turns out I may have arthritis in my chest. For me taking ibuprofen does the trick and if not I just call the cardiologist and they'll give me a stronger anti-inflammatory which makes the pain go away after a few days.

Good luck! Chest pains can be really scary. I hope it's nothing serious for you.

Thanks for the reply. My bloody doctors appointment was cancelled so have now got to wait till tomorrow. 😔

The pain isn't horrific it's just a bit uncomfortable. It hurts to put pressure on my breast bone and then the pain radiates over boob and then towards by my armpit. I'm sure DD has done me an injury! My anxiety is through the roof!!!!!

yes i have suffer with this
Inflammation of the breast bone
Costochondritis is a common form of inflammation of the cartilage where ribs attach to the sternum, the breast bone. The inflammation is usually on one side of the sternum, but it can involve multiple cartilage areas on both sides of the sternum. The symptoms of sternum inflammation sometimes feel like those of a heart attack.
its uncomfy most of the time like a dull ache then will flare up really badly and is agony to moce like shooting pains

yes i have suffer with this
Inflammation of the breast bone
Costochondritis is a common form of inflammation of the cartilage where ribs attach to the sternum, the breast bone. The inflammation is usually on one side of the sternum, but it can involve multiple cartilage areas on both sides of the sternum. The symptoms of sternum inflammation sometimes feel like those of a heart attack.
its uncomfy most of the time like a dull ache then will flare up really badly and is agony to moce like shooting pains

Thank you for this. It's been on my left side for a couple of days now, but sometimes it can be on the right too. Does it ache when you bend over at all? It doesn't hurt to breathe and I'm not short of breath at all 🤔

Yes when it flares up it hurts to bend and move but I'm not short of breath I have a muscle relaxer when it's really bad but I also use rub on ibuprofen hope your appointment went well

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->