Chest Pains

Leids

Mommy :)
Reaction score
Hello,

I've been having chest pains for the past 2 weeks. The feeling varies, and it's a little bit awkward to explain. The pain is very mild, and it's more like a pressure or heaviness (on the left side) with occasional sharp pains. My breathing can become labored but generally I can breathe just fine, and it doesn't hurt when I take deep breaths. I can also exercise still with no problems.

This has been pretty consistent. I have seen a doctor and they're pretty sure it's anxiety - but it happens even when I'm relaxed and not thinking about anything. I got an EKG that was normal, and they did a blood test to check my cholesterol and to see if I had any thyroid issues. They also gave me a stress test order that I'll get soon.

Has anyone had anything similar to this? Can chest pain persist with anxiety even when I'm relaxed and not worried? I'm a bit of a hypochondriac which doesn't help, I keep thinking I have all sorts of crazy things that will kill me. :wacko:

Yes I get this, starting a few weeks ago. I have also had am ecg which was normal. I have had worse anxiety lately. I also wonder if it could be indigestion. Let me know how you get on. Oh yes, I have also have tons of blood tests and all are normal.

I also have health anxiety. My therapist said that if you supress your fears then you can absolutley get a sudden onset of anxiety when you are seemingly relaxed such as watching telly. It is because although you are not obviously anxious, your mind is, subconciously and your body needs you to deal with it.

Try not worry too much hun. I know when we experience things like chest pains you can automatically think of ever deadly thing under the sun but it could be something that is quite easily treated but causing unusual symptoms. I got chest pains in my left side spreading all over, to my back and jaw when I was experiencing a Gall Bladder attack. My Step mum gets them every now and then (like you described) and it's down to a hiatus hernia.

It could well be down to anxiety as Aimee suggested. I hope you get an answer soon.

Thanks ladies! :hugs: I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism after the blood work came back in. After taking the meds for about 5 days or so there's been a significant decrease in the chest pains.

I think a large chunk of it was anxiety. The more I thought about it, the worse it would get. Honestly even talking about it now brings back some heaviness. It's crazy how the mind works.

Wow, glad they found a cause and you can get on with feeling better :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->