Chewable Prenatals

Teafor2

Reaction score
Does anyone have any suggestions for a good chewable prenatal that contains Folate rather than Folic Acid? Large pills always give me heartburn and I'm not even pregnant yet, so I definitely don't want to be taking them after I conceive!

I'd like to start taking prenatals some time this summer so that I have all the vitamins and minerals I need once we ditch the birth control.

I'm sorry, I don't have any good suggestions but I wanted to mention, if you take the chewable prenatals make sure to take an iron supplement as well, they don't put iron in the chewables because it has a high rate of accidental child overdose so they don't want to make it seem inviting for the little ones..

Only mentioning because I couldn't handle the big pills either so I started with the gummies and was told that by my doctor. I ended up taking Rainbow Light Prenatal One, it is a big pill but it's all natural and I could even take it on an empty stomach (other big multivitamins made me throw up even after eating and not pregnant). They also have a mini pill version, you just take 3 each day spread out. :)

Thanks so much! I will keep that in mind about the iron, and I will look into Rainbow Light Prenatal One for sure :)

I've recently started taking Garden of Life Raw Prenatal...in the hopes that sometime in the next 3 or so months we can start TTC.

It's a large pill and really made me nervous when I opened the bottle because I struggle taking any pills, but I've done pretty good with it so far! I also get extremely nauseous from most vitamins, but I can take these on an empty stomach with no problems what so ever!
If you really can't handle swallowing them, you can even dump these pills into a drink or whatever and take them that way. I don't know what they taste like, I haven't done that yet since I've been able to swallow them.

They are 3 pills a day and contain folate!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->