Chicken nuggets

Connah'sMommy

Reaction score
How would you make your own?

I do buy them in the shopping but id like to start making my own as im sure they will be a hell of alot healthier.

J will be BLW soon so its important that he and C eat healthy meals and me and OH could stand to eat a little better too:blush:

So...how would you make them?:flower:

I dust chunks of chicken breast in flour seasoned with herbs (Lizzie likes oregano!), dip them in egg, and then into breadcrumbs I've added a few more herbs to...then I just bake them in the oven for about 15-20 mins.

be warned! https://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepa...nothing-but-chicken-nuggets-for-15-years.html

LOL!

be warned! https://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepa...nothing-but-chicken-nuggets-for-15-years.html

LOL!

My cousin is like this! She's autistic and won't eat anything but crumpets and pizza, and will only drink water or milkshake. She'd happily starve until she could get some food that she'll actually eat. Nightmare to live with :lol:

OP did you see that pic floating round Facebook? I'll definitely be making my own from now on!

LOL!

LOL! Shouldn't really laugh though but I did!

I cut chunks of chicken breasts up, flour them (if for me I add salt & pepper to flour), dip in egg then bread crumbs.

Kate&Lucas - that pic wasn't real by the way. (Mind you, is it wrong that it didn't bother me in slightest & still fancied some McNuggets? :rofl:)

LOL!

My cousin is like this! She's autistic and won't eat anything but crumpets and pizza, and will only drink water or milkshake. She'd happily starve until she could get some food that she'll actually eat. Nightmare to live with :lol:

OP did you see that pic floating round Facebook? I'll definitely be making my own from now on!

YES! part of the reason ill be making my own from now on:haha:

sounds easy enough to do though!xx

yeah i saw it <ewwwww>

I dont eat Mcdonalds anyway fortunately :)

I just dip chicken breast in batter and cook in my actifry ..when they was little i would mince the chicken in a blender and then shape into balls and dip in batter then use my actifry

I still remember the Mcdonalds advert a while back that said

'now contains 100% chicken!'

well what on Earth did it contain before???

Oh yes your own are the tastiest and healthiest
just cut up chunks of chicken breast, then flour, egg yolk and bread crumbs like everyone else said, season the breadcrumbs with anything you like, my toddler has a taste for peppery herby / spicy things, then you can either bake them or shallow fry for a lovely golden appearance.
Alternatively you could dip the floured chicken chunks in a ready made batter mix and deep fry them but obv. more calorific :)

I'm gonna try make my own, it sounds easy enough and way more healthy :)

You could add some grated garlic in the breadcrumbs mix it's yummy :thumbup: and for adults I add a touch of chilli flakes:thumbup:

Tip: put the flour in a sandwich bag and shake the raw chicken pieces about ! Dip in raw egg then put the breadcrumbs in a bag and put chicken in and shake again!

Kate&Lucas - that pic wasn't real by the way. (Mind you, is it wrong that it didn't bother me in slightest & still fancied some McNuggets? :rofl:)

Thank GOD!
It made me crave strawberry ice cream though :lol:

I do the same as above, but I have ours with basmati rice and sweet and sour sauce, wit a side of brocolli. Yummy"

Ingredients

350 g (12 oz) skinless and boneless chicken breasts (approx. 3 chicken breasts), cut into (bite-size) 2.5 cm (1 in) pieces
4 tbsp sunflower oil, for frying

Marinade

200 ml (7 fl oz) buttermilk
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
1 tsp soy sauce
1/4 tsp paprika
Coating

100 g (3 1/2 oz) plain flour
1 egg, beaten with 1 tbsp water
75 g (2 1/2 oz) dry breadcrumbs or honey panko breadcrumbs
45 g (1 1/2 oz) freshly grated Parmesan
salt and pepper, to season

Method

Combine the marinade ingredients and soak the chicken pieces for 2 hours.

Put the flour on a large plate. Beat the egg with the water in a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Mix the breadcrumbs and Parmesan together on a large plate. Remove chicken cubes from the marinade, shaking off any excess, and toss them in the flour.

Then dip the cubes in the egg mixture and roll in the breadcrumbs to coat.
(You can freeze at this stage)

pre-heat oven to 200ºC/400ºF/Gas 6. Put the chicken nuggets on a generously oiled large baking sheet and bake for18&#8211;20 minutes, until the coating is crisp and the chicken cooked.

This has just made me go out and buy some nuggets!!
Im def going to try my own tomorrow though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->