Chicken pox!?! Help

takingforever

Mum of 3 1Angel pg#4
Reaction score
My lb has come out in a rash few spots Saturday morning lots by afternoon and still getting more, he's covered :nope: took him to see the pharmacist as the drs is closed and they said chicken pox but I'm unconvinced as they arnt blistering :wacko: I've attached 2 pics I'd like to see what you think please :flower:

Attachments

• IMG_0907.jpg
    IMG_0907.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0906.jpg
    IMG_0906.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 29
Those spots look grey to me, doesn't look like the chicken pox I remember having as a kid. I'm sorry I'm not much help, but didn't want to read and run.

I'm going nip him in drs tomorrow just to get a second opinion cause he seems very irritated by them x Thanks for reply x

Are they small blisters? My two recently had chicken pox, the spots were either small blisters or like insect bites. If none of the spots are blistered or scabby it doesn't seem like chicken pox.

I've just had a good look at him now he's sleeping and few seem to have heads on but can't make out if they are blisterish iygwim x

When mine first got them I thought they had been bitten. They had just a few for 2 days, then on day 3 they came out all over and looked like blisters or scabs. Although most people say they come out a lot quicker than this.

My DDs started out similar to this then blistered xxx

I had chicken pox in April (was awful I'm such a big wimp anyway) mine looked like tiny tiny little blisters x

Well I've been the drs and they have no clue she said it might be it might not be? Just to ride it out and it should be gone in 7-10 days, was like well thanks for that so I'm still non the wiser xx

This is what my DDs looked like if it's any help xxx

Attachments

• IMG_9353.jpg
    IMG_9353.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_9352.jpg
    IMG_9352.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 9
His are nothing like that, all his are real tiny I'm just going to go with a viral and not pox as even though they are still appearing not one has blistered, they look like they have little heads on them but they are not fluid filled xx Thank to everyone for all your help xx

They usually look like the have little yellow heads on them, not really like a typical blister, like you'd get on your foot. They fluid tends to be more yellow or puss like (just small pinpricks of it) rather than clear, if that makes sense. I think it's possible that's what they could be, but it's hard to see really. Do you have a closer image of them?

He's in bed right now but I took this one earlier thank you xx

Attachments

• IMG_0905.jpg
    IMG_0905.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 12
They do need to be blisters for it to be chicken pox, so if they're not blistering it's not chicken pox

I know, thats why I'm not classing it as pox, I've not a single clue what it is as drs said it doesn't look viral it doesn't look like a reaction :dohh: he's still covered poor boy, its just a strange one xx

My 2 girls have both just had chicken pox. Dd1's spots blistered straight away, but dd2's came up very similar to your picture and took quite a few days before they started to blister.

This isn't meant as judgement at all, just curious but I see a lot of chicken pox threads from ladies in the U.K. - do you guys not have the vaccine there? Here now nearly everyone gets the vaccine with the first couple years of shots so it's rearrly rare to see chicken pox anymore.

They don't vaccinate as a general rule in the UK. Something about there being a worry unvaccinated children would be more likely to catch it as an adult, when it can be much worse and have more complications.

Also if your an adult, exposed to chicken pox from a child that has it, it's supposed to help your immunity against shingles. So in theory cases of shingles would go up if they did vaccinate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->