Chicken pox & pregnancy!

bambino156

Mummy
Reaction score
Went to see a friend and her daughter today, turns out they've both had chicken pox over the last week or so (which I didn't know until I got there!). My almost 3yr old hasn't had them yet, so I'm quite concerned that she might pick it up. Normally it wouldn't concern me, as its one of those things, but I'm more worried been as I'm pregnant and don't know what implications it could have for me and the baby if I was to catch it. I have had it as a child, am I still at risk? Thanks x

you shouldn't be - but if you do happen to break out, go to the doctors as soon as you see/feel it so they can start you on medication. It's completely safe, just you have to start taking it within 2-3 days of the breakout for it to be effective. (I was just on it a few weeks ago because they thought I had chicken pox)

has your 3 y/o had the vaccine?

you shouldn't be - but if you do happen to break out, go to the doctors as soon as you see/feel it so they can start you on medication. It's completely safe, just you have to start taking it within 2-3 days of the breakout for it to be effective. (I was just on it a few weeks ago because they thought I had chicken pox)

Thanks for your reply :flower: we don't vaccinate for chicken pox here in the UK xx

It should be fine as its only a risk to you if you didn't have it as a child. Do go straight to doctor if you start to feel unwell, as the spots are the last thing to come. High temp, cold and fluish symptoms come first xxx

My 3 year old has just had it and I was fine. I had it as a child, although there is always a slight risk you could catch it again. Even if you did, as others have said, don't worry, just speak to your doctor to get treatment. The likelihood is that you will not get it.
Rx

Thanks for your reply :flower: we don't vaccinate for chicken pox here in the UK xx

Interesting! Well, better for them to get it when they're young I think, right?

i do not mean to scare anyone but did want to let you know that if you do get it there is a big chance of spreading it to the unborn baby and some problems that can come from it..

i did not learn this from the net, i learned it when I took nursing..
I just looked it up so better to explain it to you...

mind u this doesnt happen to everyone but it does happen...

so be mindful and definitely let your doctor know you been in contact

https://www.childrenshospital.org/az/Site3232/mainpageS3232P1.html

^^^ Yes, if you get it. However if you have already had it, its rare to get it again, (although not totally unheard of).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->