Chicken pox

smurff

Mummy to Emily and Harry
Reaction score
Hi, my 5yr old daughter was very ill a few weeks ago and yesterday she came out in a few spots which was obviously chicken pox. Today she is covered in them, she's OK in herself but uncomfortable and spontaneously crying out. I noticed already that a few have dried out but what I'm a bit worried about is that fact it's all over her outer genitals. When her nappy is wet it hurts her and when I wipe her it stings, is it normal to get them there?, I've been giving her calpol and calamine lotion. Haven't taken her docs as they normally don't allow them to go.

Ah bless her.
They can literally get the spots anywhere. If possible do nappy free time to help with the irritation.
Piriton helps with the itching. We also it used poxclin instead of calomine lotion. I also gave him two baths a day with oat milk in (bundled some porridge oats in a muslin square, knotted it and let it lie in the bath, squeezing frequently to release the 'milk'.) that helped a lot.
From memory day two after the spots came out were worse for him. X

Yes, it's normal to get them on the genitals unfortunately. Soaking in the bath with porridge helps. I used to make a paste with ground up porridge oats (in blender/food processor) mixed with a bit of warm water and apply to the angry parts a few minutes before mine got in the bath. It seemed to help. I also used piriton. No idea if it helped, but it seemed to make her more comfortable at bedtime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->