Childcare issues when in labour....

bumble b

Reaction score
It's my scan in 5 weeks & i asked my mother in law (who's retired) if she could pick my eldest up from school on that day as we wont be back until 4pm & the drama was ridiculous! She reckons she's already having my hubbys sisters kids that day so she's got to try & sort them out first (they have a childminder they could ask who i'm 99% sure would say yes)

So now it's made me worried about when i go into labour because obviously i can't choose when that will be :cry:

Anyone else have this problem or is it just me who seems to have no one :sad1: my sister is great but she has littlens of her own so i can't expect her to be available at the drop of a hat plus if she is i'd like her with my when i give birth.

Kind of wishing for another induction now :(

Labour will probably be different than a planned appt I'd think. Give her time and see if she sorts things out. It's still 5 weeks away. Hopefully she figures it out and eases your mind.

We have absolutely no idea who will have our dd when I'm in labour. She will only be 14/15 months when baby arrives and she's never been away from me since she was born. We have no family bar my grandmother who's quite elderly. She can watch ds for us as he's 10 and no trouble, but no way could she cope with a crazy toddler. I can't birth at home as im very high risk and will have a stitch in my cervix. I really do understand your worry. At the moment it looks like she will be with DH and I will be birthing alone.

My mil has her other 2 grand children alot & they plan childcare at the beginning of every school term so i can't see how she can plan to be free on a random day for me to give birth! It's really stressing me out. Why can't they just use the childminder as she lives a minutes walk away & does a school run to the same school anyway!

I feel like i have no one yet they will all magically appear once baby arrives!

I never ask for help with my boys. Last time i booked her as a babysitter she made a fuss saying she might be flying to see family that week & low & behold she booked flights that day and said she couldn't do it!

I worry about childcare for #1 during labor. Almost to the point of panic. Then I was reminded by others that there are always people around. I just need to get a list of people we know (neighbors, daycare, babysitters, friends etc.) and ask them in advanced who is available when for how long.

Basically I'm going to make a list of who can taking my daughter during the day, afternoon or evening; weekday or weekend; free or paid; for an hour or more etc. At the worst (labor at 3AM requiring emergency C-section etc.), my husband will stay with our daughter.

It will work out, you just need a plan (that doesn't rely on 1 person) ... I'm hoping for a speedy labor while LO is at daycare ^_^

Friends of mine will watch our son. :)

I'm in the same situation, I live over 100miles from my family and the only family my other half has are his elderly parents who can bearly get around themselves let alone look after a toddler. They spend a lot of time at my sister in laws watching her two kids who are 8 and 10 but that takes them an hour and a half away from us. We have no one else and I have never left my son with anyone but me and hubby. I worry all the time what we are going to do. I am due to have a c section so will no when things will happen unless I go into labour early which I did last time, I really don't know what we are going to do

Dh and I live 1200 miles away from family. I'm due in Nov and weather in the Midwest can be unpredictable at times. So unless I have an induction date like I did with dd and they can plan to leave and be here I'm not expecting family to be here until after baby is born. I'm
Sure our friends will jump in and help and my husband works for the university and the student workers have been awesome baby sitters. I'm sure one of them will be more than willing to stay with dd. And answer their phone in the middle of the night if it comes to it. Lol.

If it's during the day dh will bring dd to daycare. They are open 6-6.

if all else fails take them with you i asked this question to my midwife x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"