China May Ban Infant Formula

Lightworker

Reaction score
https://www.businessweek.com/news/2...t-formula-ads-to-encourage-breastfeeding.html

Sorry guys, I know we are always doing BF/FF threads, but thought this was something worth discussing. What are your opinions?

They are not banning formula, just the advertising of under 6 months products like we have in the uk

Lol..I have selective reading patterns, where my brain omits certain words..haha :dohh:

it is indeed adverts they are banning x

hmmm, I think it might be confusing which formula to buy if they removed "under 6 months". Hopefully they still have directions for each age.

It's a good idea to ban the advertising but people still no it's there so I guess it will be no different to here really. You usually know before hand if your going to breast or bottle feed, I guess it's just for the governments sake they don't feel as though they're supporting and promoting fomula feeding.
Alot if people say if the support was better from midwives was improved bf stats would be better but I think you need to go in way before that and offer classes just on breast feeding that people are obliged to attend, in the same way you go for midwife appointments, scans, ante natal classes. It needs more than a 5 minute section on it, this way you get in before people have made decisions especially for the ones who have never been round breast feeding mums where formula is the norm.This is where more info needs to kick in IMO. I formula feed but I'm still very pro bf..

Formula milk isnt advertised here anyway....so i dont see how it will make much difference over there either iykwim, tbh it doesnt bother me how much they try to promote BF and the lengths they go to, to do this, if a mother wants to FF she will and if a mother cant BF she is going to have to FF........tbh i dont think it helps these poor ladies who desperatly want to BF but cant it must make them feel awful when all we seem to hear is negative after negative regarding FF.......... i think parents should be given information on both BF and FF.......so that they are aware of the pros and cons to both and personally i think should stil be aware of formula milk so they can decide on a brand and learn how to make bottles up correctly etc etc if BF doesnt go to plan ....i dont think any method of feeding should be a taboo.....i think the big fuss created between the two is silly. x

weirdly i had a dream i had a baby and was BF last night ........i think i spend too much time on bnb LOL. x

Here, people tend to make you feel bad and even gross for breastfeeding. they seem more favorable of parents who bottlefeed, even elders as in the 50's bottlefeeding was consider the good thing , probably because it's more modest or high class. in the 60's ,70's my mom told me she didn't breastfeed because she felt it was too old fashioned. I wonder they felt they wanted to be more independent as women (feminists) so they chose bottles. Especially working women. anyway, When I breastfed my son, I never felt any supports for breastfeeding from my husband's grandma and his family of different generations and few other women, you could tell they look down at breastfeeding.

yeah, formula feeding have been highly promoted here, and for years too.

the good news is that breastfeeding is becoming favorable, but people felt only people who have money can stay home and breastfeed. they still rather work and make comments about SAHM

I know youre in need of a good debate LW but you cant just start making them up :haha:
;)

Could we have possibly have ran out of issue to debate :wacko: Apparent from future of current ones :S

Ill have a thinky *strokes chin*

LOL-- there's never a shortage of stuff to debate on BnB :haha: It's just a matter of finding something NEW to debate!
DH has often joked with me that I should start weird threads like, "Will sticking a lime up my vag help labor go faster?" or "Is it ok to dye my baby's hair if I don't like the color? Just a little?" :haha:

LOL-- there's never a shortage of stuff to debate on BnB :haha: It's just a matter of finding something NEW to debate!
DH has often joked with me that I should start weird threads like, "Will sticking a lime up my vag help labor go faster?" or "Is it ok to dye my baby's hair if I don't like the color? Just a little?" :haha:

:rofl:

Could we have possibly have ran out of issue to debate :wacko: Apparent from future of current ones :S

Ill have a thinky *strokes chin*

yeah it feels like maybe we have ran out of issues..i think what remains are the topics which people are not particularly interested in :shrug:

haha, I like the way we all involve our DHs on here...incidentally, some cultures will tell you to stick a lemon up there after birth to tighten it up (don't do it though) lol...weird x

i love lightworkers enthusiasm in regards to finding us a topic to debate.........this section has become a little boring.........i shall have a think to..........!!! xx

For shts and giggles, I will totally back you up and support your baby dying hair dilemma!! :haha:

Haha, people on here might get so offended we'll have the social services knocking on our doors :p

i love lightworkers enthusiasm in regards to finding us a topic to debate.........this section has become a little boring.........i shall have a think to..........!!! xx

One can only try..even if it means mis-reading newspaper articles haha...X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->