Choking baby

SurpriseBub

Reaction score
Over the last few days, my three week old has started to cough/choke/splutter at quite a lot of her feelings. We are supplementing with bottles, and it seems just as likely to happen with the bottle as it is on thse breast.

Is this normal? Any advice on how to deal with it?

I think that she has a fairly mild case of reflux... Would that be the cause? Does medication help with choking?

You may have an overactive letdown which can be helped by doing a laid back position amd also taking baby off and spraying into a towel for the initial letdown. As for the bottles maybe someone else can help, the only thing I can think is the flow is too fast, if you want to continue doing both it is a good idea to use the slowest flow nipple as possible

Agreed it's probably fast let down I have it they do get used to it! As for bottles check the teat is slow flow abd not cracked or broken if not try another bottle type.

My little girl was doing this with both the breast and with EBM in a bottle. It was partly because of fast let down and partly because she was congested and having a hard time eating and breathing. Some saline nose drops and time and dh is doing better now. GL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->