cholestosis of pregnancy 33 weeks

Jannah K

Reaction score
Hi girls,
I am 33 weeks preggo with baby boy. First pregnancy...I am little anxious so hoping someone can shed light on my condition...
I have terrible itching for 2 plus weeks...it got worst over wkd...ended up in rashes n scratches ..last week liver test blood work came all normal. ...went to dr again today..N they did bile acids salt blood work..results next week..but they already put me on med for cholestasis..if that's what it is, I will have to have baby delivered early..
I m so worried about still birth, premature labor,and fetal distress....

I started itching @ 17 weeks. I started the Urso shortly after. From everything I read, as long as you are taking the meds and deliver around 37 weeks the risk of stillbirth is the same as a normal, uncomplicated pregnancy.
www.icpcare.org is a great resource. I would recommend taking a look at it if you get a few minutes.

Thanks so much!
Did u have blood work to confirm cholestasis?
I took 1 dose of ursodiol today and itching almost gone...rash still there all over my arm n tummy...
I m also going to consider delivering at 37 weeks
my blood work results come next week but with that said if urso is working, it indirectly confirms I have cholestasis...
how are u feeling now? How many weeks are u now? do u get more monitoring done due to cholestasis?

I had cholestasis with my first pregnancy, and am yet to see if I will for sure develop it this time but have had a teeny bit of itchy hands/fingers and feet - who knows!

I only developed it at 40 weeks with my son, so in my case definitely didn't go in to premature labour, and had a fantastic labour and delivery. Baby was stable, no meconium passed while inside me or anything like that, calm as anything. Hope that is somewhat reassuring xx

There is a cholestasis thread here for support, too :hugs: All the best!!
https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/p...16-please-read-obstetric-cholestasis-106.html

Thanks so much!
Did u have blood work to confirm cholestasis?
I took 1 dose of ursodiol today and itching almost gone...rash still there all over my arm n tummy...
I m also going to consider delivering at 37 weeks
my blood work results come next week but with that said if urso is working, it indirectly confirms I have cholestasis...
how are u feeling now? How many weeks are u now? do u get more monitoring done due to cholestasis?

Yes, I've had 3 rounds of blood work so far. My liver enzymes are always elevated and the bile acids are only slightly elevated. I never had a rash with mine, just extreme itching. I scratched so much I now have scars on my feet and bottom half of my legs. I am on Urso 300mg 4x a day, a steroid called Dexamethasone and 5mg of Ambien for sleep. With this combination of meds I have felt almost like a normal person again. I just turned 27 weeks yesterday. I go in to see a MFM doctor 1x a month and get blood work done 1x a month as well. Now that I am in 3rd tri, they will probably increase that to 2x a month. Baby is doing great at this point and I want to keep it that way. :)

Thanks alot ladies!!
Just reading your posts, I feel better. I read that you should get non stress test and biophysical profile twice weekly and see MF and your dr alternative weeks...I have to take 300 MG 3×daily...so far I m on 3rd dose and it did wonders. ..I scratched myself too alot that I got marks on my legs n arms...but at this point nothing else matters beside getting the toxins removed outta my system...
I dunno what I will do without forum. .DH doesn't get much of stuff...even he thinks that I didn't exercise much and was lazy that's why I developed this. ..which I dunt think is the case as I walk 30 plus min daily...itching made is difficult last 1 week but u know what I mean...this is when u need your DH next to u while he just passes his comment, made me cry n went to sleep!!...
Keep me posted girls...

I discovered it around 36 weeks my last pregnancy, was put on the induce list the Friday before I turned 39 weeks (on sunday) and my labour started Saturday night on its own. It was uncomfortable but not anything to worry about with proper monitoring :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->