Choosing a birth center - questions to ask

IrelandsOwn

Mama to India
Reaction score
Hi ladies
I hope I've posted in the right forum. I'm four weeks pregnant today and I have my first tour of a freestanding birth center this weekend. I'm just drawing up a list of questions to ask the midwives. Does anyone have any advice? Is there anything you wish you'd asked on your tour? Any help would be much appreciated! :flower:

I would ask what OB they would refer you to in the case of a complication. I ended up with the OB in the hospital and I'm almost positive he killed my baby.

I would ask what OB they would refer you to in the case of a complication. I ended up with the OB in the hospital and I'm almost positive he killed my baby.

OMG amjob I'm so so SO sorry to hear that. I will definitely find out who the back up OB is and hopefully meet with them. Again, so sorry for your loss. :hugs:

I just booked my appt at the bith center I chose. I asked questions like how far are we from hospitals? Do you have a OB that works with the center for reffered complications?
Are the stiches done in house? Is cirsumcision for bos done in house. What type of pain managment -if any do you offer? How long after birth can I stay? How many complications during labor has the center actually experienced.? How many people can be in the room when I give birth? What insurance does she cover and how much out of pocket (birth assitance fees) should I expect? How long will I be allowed to be ing labor before the center has a hospital interveen?

I had a blast with my question, all answers satisfied me needs! Goodluck!

I just booked my appt at the bith center I chose. I asked questions like how far are we from hospitals? Do you have a OB that works with the center for reffered complications?
Are the stiches done in house? Is cirsumcision for bos done in house. What type of pain managment -if any do you offer? How long after birth can I stay? How many complications during labor has the center actually experienced.? How many people can be in the room when I give birth? What insurance does she cover and how much out of pocket (birth assitance fees) should I expect? How long will I be allowed to be ing labor before the center has a hospital interveen?

I had a blast with my question, all answers satisfied me needs! Goodluck!

I found a really good article online so I actually had tons of questions when we did our tour! And like you, they were all answered to my satisfaction. I'm all booked in and had my first appointment last week. Very happy with the place I chose

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->