christmas and the tww

hopeful:)

Reaction score
So id if my body plays ball this month I am due to o around 17th give or take a few days. I have had 3 days of flashing smileys which will hopefully turn solid. This will mean af is due around 1st Jan.

what's everyone's thoughts on indulging over the Xmas period? Drink and food wise?

xx

I would imagine you will get very mixed opinions on this one. If I am in a TWW and suspect that I may be PG I will not drink. If it doesn't look like a promising cycle I will drink. Many people will drink till they have a BFP.

This month my tww ends on December 28 but I have very high hopes this cycle (IUI was done) so I may miss both Christmas and New Years!

I sometimes drink in my TWW and eat whatever I want. I don't think it's a huge deal as long as you don't go crazy and stay extra hydrated. It's nice to relax a little bit when the TWW has got you all stressed!

I have never had a drink during the TWW. I would only have a drink if there is 0% chance I could be pregnant; from CD 1 to ovulation. I don't drink very much anyway - only a couple times a year.

I've been trying for a year and a half and have had 3 miscarriages so I would never take a risk of hurting the chance of conceiving a healthy baby even if it is a small risk with a drink during the TWW.

I had 2 drinks during this two week wait and found out I am pregnant. It was my first thought when I had the positive test and I felt kind of guilty. I think you need to weigh up how you feel about it.

When we TTC no 1 i did everything by the book and mc at 6/52, I then found of I was preg again after after a weekend away for our anniversary consisting of soft cheese, runny poached eggs and lots of alcohol.... we now have a very happy healthy 3 yr old. Im also in TWW and due AF around xmas time, i will probably test xmas eve but if I happen to be out between now and then will have a drink or two x

Completely agree everyone's different views and has given me food for thought. Looks as though my body isn't playing ball again and my tww will be later. Thanks for all the replies xx

I started a thread on this earlier but you had more replies than me so I'm chipping in here!
I'm testing Christmas eve but I hada big row with Dh about this issue, I want going to drink during tww but he pointed out that I could have lots of tww to come and it is Christmas. It well be super obvious if I didnt drink at Christmas so I'm going easy (I do anyway) but I'll be having one or two (I already have). I read recently that in the first few weeks alcohol week have an "all or nothing" effect ie, no effect or trigger early mc. I'm hiking for my bfp on Christmas eve but if af shows up at least I can have a drink without worry.
I really think it's individual choice

i wouldnt drink again...
my last preg ended in MC... it was first cycle of trying and we really didnt think id end up pregnant.. i drank a little not much whilst on holiday and went on rides as we were in orlando so when i had MMC at 12 weeks there was so much i tried to blame it on....id rather not feel the guilt again :(

i wouldnt drink again...
my last preg ended in MC... it was first cycle of trying and we really didnt think id end up pregnant.. i drank a little not much whilst on holiday and went on rides as we were in orlando so when i had MMC at 12 weeks there was so much i tried to blame it on....id rather not feel the guilt again :(

I'm sorry for your loss I mc at 12 weeks in 2012 and on later reading that you shouldn't eat pineapple during early pregnancy (id eaten it some days for breakfast) I felt terribly guilty and wondered if it was my fault but I've since come to accept it wasn't, it was just an awful thing that happened to us and was beyond our control, when you have no answers you seem to search so hard for a reason but the awful thing is there isn't any most of the time and mc is just a terrible thing that happens to us. After another loss at 11 weeks I conceived my now 1 year old so there was light at the end of the tunnel xxxx I've spent so long either pregnant or bf or TTC (2 early losses this year) that I haven't drunk since my wedding in March 2012 lol. But I think its a personal choice and totally up to the individual but I won't be drinking over Xmas unless AF comes early! Xxx

I dont know what I'll do yet!! I'm hoping I'll get a BFP around Christmas so then I wont have to make that decision!!

I'd say one drink wouldn't hurt. I've heard of preggos doctors allowing them a glass of wine per week though mine didn't and I personally wouldn't. I had a glass before I found out I was pregnant with my son (wasn't ttc) and had a perfect pregnancy with a BIG healthy baby at 8 lb 12 oz and 23" long :)

i wouldnt drink again...

I'm sorry for your loss I mc at 12 weeks in 2012 and on later reading that you shouldn't eat pineapple during early pregnancy (id eaten it some days for breakfast) I felt terribly guilty and wondered if it was my fault but I've since come to accept it wasn't, it was just an awful thing that happened to us and was beyond our control, when you have no answers you seem to search so hard for a reason but the awful thing is there isn't any most of the time and mc is just a terrible thing that happens to us. After another loss at 11 weeks I conceived my now 1 year old so there was light at the end of the tunnel xxxx I've spent so long either pregnant or bf or TTC (2 early losses this year) that I haven't drunk since my wedding in March 2012 lol. But I think its a personal choice and totally up to the individual but I won't be drinking over Xmas unless AF comes early! Xxx

I totally second this! My mc happened after eating a chinese, I blamed myself originally for eating junk! Ive now come to the conclusion that mc is natures way of filtering when things are not quite right. X

DH and I are going to a Christmas festival Friday. I have been reading the reviews and they all talk about all the free alcohol that they have there. Everyone is excited about it and I am like "this sucks" lol I am going to have to pull the designated driver card again. Sometimes its that other times it's that I am trying to eat healthy and cut out alcohol. lol

It may be too early for me to test at xmas (period's due 30th Dec) so I'll prob accept a glass of wine with xmas meal. People in my family would be really suspicious if not and we won't tell anyone before 1st scan. Then again, could do a sneaky sip and tip when no-one's looking ;-) Explaining why I'm not hogging the Camembert may be a problem, lol. It'll be so much easier for us to cover up in Jan, as can just say our New Year's resolution is to give up wine :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->