Christmas basket/hamper for neighbour...

CaptainMummy

Reaction score
There is a lovely lady who lives two doors down from me. She is elderly, probably about 80, but still gets out and about and I often see her walking to the shops in the morning. I speak to her often and she is just a dear!
Unfortunately, her husband passed away about 2 months ago so this will be her first Christmas without him here (she has lots of family so she won't be spending it alone, and they visit often) and I would like to make her a little hamper or something, with some bits and pieces in it. I know it would be much appreciated and she deserves it.

Can you throw some ideas at me please of what I could put in?

Thanks!

We used to make hampers for OHs gran. We used to put a box of tea bags / tub hot choc /swiss rolls from M&S (her fave) / shortbread / jams or chutneys / oatcakes. That sort of thing.
You could get the girls to make hot choc reindeers. You just buy the cellophane party bags. Put hot choc in one. Seal bag and cut excess off, then slip inside another. On top put marshmallows then seal with red pipe cleaner or ribbon. Stick on googly eyes n a red pom pom for a nose. We made them and put them in the hamper 1 year. Super cute and a bit more personal to involve little ones.
Or why not do a bit of baking with your lo's and hand in with wine or hot drinks (tub hot choc etc).
Maybe get your lo's to make a card or tree decoration. I always think hand made gifts are well thought of and your girls are great at drawing.

I would include some of her favourite treats like chocolates and biscuits. Maybe a few Christmassy treats like mini Christmas puddings. And a few tinned foods that will last longer.
This is such a lovely thing to do, I bet she will be ever so grateful :cloud9:

That sounds such a lovely idea.

I know it sounds a bit weird but for my auntie a couple of years ago I did a 'hot drinks' hamper. Where she is elderly it might be nice if she had lots of hot drinks to keep her warm through the winter.

Inside mine I put
- Tea bags
- Coffee granules
- Some of the flavoured nescafe sachets you can buy
- Green tea
- Hot chocolate
- Ovaltine
- Little hot chocolate sachets

I also included a few different packs of biscuits, some chocolate and a nice mug with marshmallows. You could even put in some gloves etc

Failing that idea you could always stick to chocolate, bath stuff etc

I'm doing this for my older neighbours and I am going to put local produce in it like biscuits, cheese, chutney etc. I just know elderly people here love local stuff lol.

I work with old people and they all seem to love tea and biscuits! How about a nice China mug to go with it? Also, maybe a pot plant, calendar and some nice jams.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->