Christmas crafts for toddlers

salamander91

Reaction score
Does anyone have any ideas for Christmas crafts for small children?

I’ve bought some foam Christmas trees and pom-poms, glitter etc to decorate them.

We’ve also made toilet roll tubes into snowmen with paint etc.

Handprints into Santa or ruldolph.

Finger print string lights to make Christmas cards for family.

Salt dough Christmas decorations.

Paper gains.

Not sure if you're in the uk/us but I got some cardboard snowmen/snowflakes that come with pom poms and googly eye to stick on from wilko for £1

Also picked up a foam Christmas train from hobby craft which you make yourself

Christmas stickers

Popsicle stick snowflakes

Paper chains with Christmas themed paper

Also following because I need ideas too

I steer clear of pom poms and glitter. OMG the mess and pom poms never stick.

We turned handprints into santa, footprints into reindeers etc.
My girls also used to love rubber stamps too.
Paper chains?
Paint your own decorations, we tried the salt dough ones once, may do that again too.
My eldest is 5 and only just starting to make things and enjoy crafts, toddlers just like the mess ha ha

Salt dough handprints looks like a good one although I've never tried it yet!

Some fab ideas thanks! Will definitely try the salt dough. They’d make great presents for grandparents :) xx

DD1's class are making snow globes out of food jars.

I went through my decs lastnight and found an angel tree topper which DD1 made in nursery - it's a white plastic cup, half a doily for wings, tinsel on the top and a piece of paper with a face drawn on it haha :haha:

On the 5th, I'm helping in the classroom with some xmas crafts, so I'll update in here what we do!

I have just gone craft crazy in Wilko :haha:

Our poundland has loads of Christmassy craft bits in which I’ve just stocked up on. We also make our own Christmas cards in different styles each year, paper chains, and do some simple Christmas baking but not sure if that counts as craft?

If you’re thinking of homemade presents we’ve turned glass jars into reindeers and filled with reindeer noses, turned flowerpots into reindeers and filled with chocolates and this year we’re turning flower pots into Father Christmas to be filled with chocolates

Salt dough is good fun. I made lo's handprints into Santa and his footprints into Rudolphs last year. We gave as gifts to family.

You can buy plain christmas baubles and get lo to do a white paint handprint holding onto bottom of bauble. Then add scarves, buttons and noses with sharpies to turn each fingerprint into snowmen. Cute personalised baubles.

The usual making snowmen from snowballs.

Pinterest is great for ideas!

Just an update with what we did in class yesterday:

1) Marshmallow snowmen - 3 marshmallows, matchmakers for arms, icing as glue and strawberry lace for a scarf.
2) Plate reindeer - paper plate, hand cut outs for antlers then red shiny paper for nose, white paper for eyes.
3) Ice lolly stick tress decs - stuck 3 together in a triangle and stuck sequins on
then twine for the loop.
4) Elf and santa hats - use card to make a cone, cut out some ears and a pom pom.
5) Card baubles - same as the lolly decs but used circles and other shapes.
6) Snow globe - Filled a jar with water and glitter, stuck a photo to the inside lid.

We’ve added a few to our list:

We made Christmas cards yesterday out of gold cards from the pound shop, stuck green triangles on for trees and then covered with glue and simple sparkles

Cut out more felt decorations for our felt trees, covered with stickers and stuck on with Velcro

And our hobby craft had loads of cheap polystyrene Christmas models which we bought ready to paint

We made lolly stick snowflakes a couple years back used lolly sticks glued together and glitter glue and sequins

-Shaving foam snow mixed with glitter/sequins/swirled with food dye and using paintbrushes to make snow pictures
-Christmas spice/cinnamon play dough/salt dough decorations
-Christmas cutters/stamps pictures with paint
-Cotton wool ball tray with spoons/bowls etc
-Fill a box full of Christmas themed things tinsel/baubles/paper etc for a Christmas sensory box
-Stickers/glueing and sticking different Christmas themed colours/characters
-Decorating baubles
-Wooden peg angels
-Paper plate tree/Santa/robins
-Cut out stocking shape decorated with cotton wool/glitter/sequins

Loving these ideas, gunna be a Christmassy crafty weekend at our house I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->