Christmas day food, nibbles and drinks.

B

becks

Hi :hi: Just wondering what everyone else eats and drinks on Christmas day? :haha: This is what we normally have...

Breakfast ~ Usually something quick like tea and toast or maybe some cereal.

Lunch ~

Starter... Prawn cocktail with salad or breaded garlic mushrooms with salad and mayonnaise dip.

Main... Roast Turkey or Roast Beef with mashed buttery potatoes, Roast potatoes, carrots, broccoli, roasted parsnips, stuffing, Yorkshire puddings, pigs in blankets and lovely thick gravy.

Dessert ~ hot choc fudge cake with fresh cream.

Nibbles throughout the day and evening ~ Tin of chocs, Pringles, choc oranges and any other unhealthy treats.. Lol.

We normally have something really light in the evening if we get peckish.

Our Christmas day drinks include anything from wine, Bucks fizz, fresh fruit juice and the odd hot drink... Lol.

What do you have? X

We usually have the following:

B - Mulled wine, smoked salmon bagel and scrambled eggs.
L - Roast goose, potatoes, parsnips, cabbage, various veg, stuffing and lashings of gravy. Pud is usually trifle, mince pies etc. Heavy stodge.
D - Goose wraps, hoisin sauce and prawn crackers

Snacks are cheese board, breadsticks and dip, copious amounts of chocolate, nuts, sweets, alcohol, haha.

for breakfast last year the kids had snowman crumpets and i made cinnamon rolls along with CHOCOLATE! you can't not have choccie for breakfast on xmas day!

dinner my mam does, turkey with all the veg and trimmings. Pudding my mam normally picks something but i take my own asda smartprice trifle, me and the kids absoloutly love it :') were easily pleased. I hate xmas pud and i'm not a big cheesecake or similar person.
My mam doesn't do nibbles but for tea i'll normally do a few party food bits if were peckish and i have the usual xmas sweets out and nuts and raisin mix, turkish delight, after eights.

I don't drink much on xmas day tbh i save myself for boxing day when i get the kids babysat on the night but i'll have a glass of bucksfizz or two with my dinner.

Exactly the same as you just minus the starter and on the night around 7PM we usually have a turkey sandwich or some cheese and crackers because we get a bit nibbly! Then some wine or cider! (Obviously not me this year!) xxx

For breakfast I open up the nice tin of biscuits with a nice cup of tea. OH will do bacon butties for himself, DS, FIL, my mum and dad. DD will have weetabix or crumpets.

Christmas dinner we have at my mums, we have Turkey, pork, boiled and roast potatoes, carrots, parsnips, brussel sprouts, pigs in blankets, stuffing and gravy.
Pudding is chocolate log and cream, christmas pudding for my dad.

For the past 8-9 years we have gone to my MIL's for a buffet tea, this year we are going back home afteer we've been to my parents for dinner. My parents and sister will come to ours for tea and I'm just going to do baps, put some pringles and choc fingers etc out on the table so they can help themselves.

Breakfast- not sure yet, I want to do something special this year
Lunch- turkey, roast ham, stuffing, pigs in blankets, Yorkshire puddings, veg, roast potatoes and gravy, followed by trifle or other cold pudding as no one likes Christmas pudding
Dinner- usually go to SIL for buffet tea but not sure this year as baby will be tiny
Snacks throughout the day- chocolate including loads of after eights!

We normally have bacon cobs for breakfast. Later on I pop in some fresh croissants and cinnamon rolls in the oven and leave them on the side along with a cheese board and crackers for us to pick at throughout the day. Dinner is usually a roast leg of lamb ( OH isn't a fan of Turkey and we had lamb our first Christmas together so it's like a tradition) with roast potatoes, mash, carrots, peas, stuffing , gravy, yorkies and pigs in blankets. I don't do too much anymore as no one eats it and it gets wasted.

We always have black forest gataux and jam role poly for desert.

I do a cooked breakfast for DH, and I eat gifted chocolate and Buck's Fizz! :haha: no other day of the year is quality street is an acceptable breakfast :haha:

Lunch I usually skip and make up for during dinner! We have dinner about 4pm so if I had a big lunch it'd spoil it.

Then we have pudding and cakes.

Christmas is my most unhealthy food day of the year, I love it :haha:

Breakfast - I do cinimon eggy bread or eggy bread and beans. Plus chocolate from stocking santa has brought
Dinner - last year we had duck and gammon with crispy roast potatoes, brocoli, carrots, butternut squash mash, sprouts, beef gravy and yorkshires. This year i am doing turkey and gammon.
Tea - We normally have nibbles of cheese n crackers, and use cold meats in crusty rolls.

We nibble all day on chocolate n crisps n normal snacky christmas treats :winkwink:

Then boxing day I do a buffet with cold meats, sausage rolls, potato salad etc.. for whoever is visiting :thumbup: (it normally means once the christmas day dinner etc is sorted i go back in the kitchen n continue to cook:haha:)

Breakfast - Bacon, sausage and pancakes & maple syrup

Lunch - A HUGE mofo lunch with turkey, roast spuds, roast parsnips, carrots, broccoli, cabbage, stuffing, pigs in blankets, yorkshires, gravy.
Christmas pudding and custard or lemon meringue pie...might make a pumpkin pie this year.

Snacks - Satsumas, apples, tins of choc.

Drinks - Well beer for hubby, me? depends if we are going to in laws then coke as i will be driving :( if not i will be hitting the cherry brandy and baileys...and possibly sheridans!!!

Breakfast-
Starter- stocking chocolate
Main- full English (a tradition started by my parents which I insisted on continuing!)

Dinner- we're going to mils this year but will be traditional turkey roast and trimmings. No idea on dessert!

Snacks- chocolate, mince pies and nuts typically

Breakfast we have scones, pancakes, crumpets, muffins, all with things such as jam, cream, chocolate sauce, syrup etc and at Xmas time you can get Christmas tree shaped crumpets so even better :)

Lunch is Christmas dinner of Turkey, beef and gammon, crispy goose fat roast potatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and Brussel sprout (normal and also I mash some in butter and fry them, taste delicious), stuffing, pigs in blankets and Yorkshire puddings with thick beef gravy!

Dessert is double chocolate gateaux and cream

If we are hungry in the evening we have cheese and crackers, but also the quality streets and roses tins come out along with Pringles, nuts, twiglets etc

Breakfast we normally just have the usual - toast, cereal etc.

Lunch we have turkey with all the trimmings! :) either cooked by my mum or DH's mum.

Dinner we always have a buffet tea, again either at mine or DH's mums. :)

Breakfast - cereal or toast . Also a satsuma and chocolate normally.

Lunch - starter usually soup or garlic mushrooms, main course - turkey with all the trimmings - roast potatoes, carrots, sprouts,parsnips, stuffing, pigs in blankets , chestnuts. Dessert - Christmas pudding, Christmas cake and mince pies. Might have a Yule log this year.

Dinner - leftovers and crackers and cheese, crisps etc.

Breakfast - I usually skip to make room for a huge Christmas dinner! :haha:

Lunch - we usually go out to a restaurant with my family but this year my mil is staying and cooking us a Christmas dinner - Turkey, roast potatoes, Yorkshire puddings, stuffing, veg etc.
Probably Christmas pudding or other yummy dessert

Dinner - usually go to my grandparents for a buffet - sandwiches, crisps, usual buffet food. I love a buffet!

Why why why did I read this thread whilst pregnant now all I want to do is eat.....

We usually stay at my parents xmas eve, stay up late and drink too much singing Christmas tunes so Christmas morning starts with a full big breakfast. We skip lunch, but usually nibble throughout the day.
Dinner is a BBQ, with a couple whole chickens of there, kebabs etc. Mum also does a ham as an ode to the traditional.
Then we all go down the beach to hang out in the sun and have a few drinks/family time.
I still do really miss wintery Christmases though!!

Breakfast: bacon/sausage on toast

Lunch: starter at 1.30 ish soup for the kids and garlic mushrooms salad and garlic mayo for adults

Main at 3ish turkey and ham, roast potatoes, mashed potatoes, roasted butternut squash and chatney carrots, pigs in blankets, yorkshires, carrot and suede mash, broccoli and cauli all covered in m&s turkey gravy

Tea: buffet at my aunties party

Snacks: anything you want :haha:

I always make pancakes and waffles for Christmas breakfast with syrup/choc sauce. DD got excited a few weeks ago about the pancakes so I'm quite chuffed I've created a little tradition.

Dinner we have at like 12ish because DD goes to her dad's afterwards.
We usually have pate to start
3 bird roast, mash, roasts, cauli cheese, parmesan parsnips, peas, pigs in blankets, yorkshire puds, loads of gravy.... I feel like I've missed something!
Gateau for pud! With squirty cream mmm

Snacks of choc and crisps etc. Basically anything goes!

xx

Last year was our first Christmas at home and we wasted far too much food (we had two other adults and one child that was eating)

This year will be just the four of us and we are not going mad.
Breakfast: smoked salmon and scrambled eggs
Lunch:Turkey, potatoes, broccoli, carrots, parsnips, stuffing, pigs in blankets, Yorkshire pudding
Tea: cheese and crackers, maybe some frozen bites for the girls

My nan always gets us a hamper of goodies (she has already started) so we will have biscuits, chocolate, crisps and nuts as treats.
We don't really drink alcohol but may have a glass or two of wine (always get given a few bottles) plus other naughty drinks like coke, lemonade, cream soda.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->