Christmas days out

Mummy Bean

Parker & Dougs Mum
Reaction score
Just wondering if any recommendations for days out with the kids in the Xmas season?

Last year we went to Winter wonder land on Hyde Park - was SO busy.

Also did lego land xmas experience which was great!

Was looking at the blue bell rail way or lapland UK and others - prefer in the south of England.

We go to Winter Wonderland opening weekend every year, so that's November and generally not too busy (compared to the stories I've heard about closer to Christmas!) we are going to see the Coke truck again, and I have booked tickets for a Christmas grotto/soft play place :) oh and we are going to a Victorian Christmas market in Grantham. I think I will wait till next year to do one of the railway ones, they look fab. And when ds1 is a year or 2 old I hope to do Harry Potter studios!

We are going to Clearwell Caves, I'm not sure exactly where it is but near Cheltenham where OH is from. It's supposed to be really magical at Christmas. We may also go to Westonbirt Arboretum just outside Bristol.

I am in Kent and we are doing....
Steam railway with a Santa visit
Santa visit at howlets animal park in Canterbury
Rochester Christmas market (gets busy if you go on Dickens weekend)
Peppa pig live in London

We go to Winter Wonderland opening weekend every year, so that's November and generally not too busy (compared to the stories I've heard about closer to Christmas!) we are going to see the Coke truck again, and I have booked tickets for a Christmas grotto/soft play place :) oh and we are going to a Victorian Christmas market in Grantham. I think I will wait till next year to do one of the railway ones, they look fab. And when ds1 is a year or 2 old I hope to do Harry Potter studios!

That's a good idea to go earlier when older kids are in school. We have been several times and it is always so rammed. Think we will add to our list

I'm in Lincolnshire and we normally do twin lakes but this year we are off to winter wonderland in Hyde park and we're booking the train at nene valley railway

I'm in Lincolnshire and we normally do twin lakes but this year we are off to winter wonderland in Hyde park and we're booking the train at nene valley railway

Nene Valley is just down the road from us, I've heard nothing but good things, I've already booked Santa's Barn in Peterborough which was £50 so I think we'll hold off anything else pricey this year but I'm thinking Nene Valley next year definitely!

Nene Valley is just down the road from us, I've heard nothing but good things, I've already booked Santa's Barn in Peterborough which was £50 so I think we'll hold off anything else pricey this year but I'm thinking Nene Valley next year definitely!

We're not far from it either my dh wanted to book last year but the dates we could go were sold out so we went to sundown adventure land instead

Just wondering if any recommendations for days out with the kids in the Xmas season?

Was looking at the blue bell rail way or lapland UK and others - prefer in the south of England.

We always do a walk on the beach followed by coffee and cake.... keep it simple

Sorry, also a Christmas movie! Something the kids enjoy like Wall-E

We are going to See Father Christmas at Legoland for the first this year but we are also going to Longleat Festival of Light, we went last year and the lights were amazing.

https://www.longleat.co.uk/festivaloflight

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->