Christmas for Kids

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rachiebaby24

Reaction score
Do you keep the "santa magic" alive for as long as you can?? I will with my LO....

When i was younger, my mum bought this "christmas key" (it was an old fashioned key with santa on it) which she hung on the door (we lived in a block of flats and wanted to know how he got in without a chimney andmy mum said he uses the special key). We all wrote a list for Santa but we were told that you got ONE present off your list from santa (as he had many boys and girls to make toys for)....the rest of your presents came from mum and family....(as my mum was a single parent it took the burden off her to get all the presents off the list and we looked foward to seeing which present santa got for us)

One year.....when my little brother was about 5.....we cut a footprint stencil out of card and laid it on the carpet....we then sprinkled talcum powder, glitter and fake snow about the tree with 'santa's footsteps'.....my little brother woke up and saw and oh my god, he got soooo excited.....my mum was was like "oh no....loook at all the mess santa made!!" and my little brother was telling people about it for months!!!! I am soo going to do that with my daughter when she is older!!

What a lovely idea!! I believed in santa untill I was 10. :rofl:

Santa's not real?? :cry:

:rofl: was just about to say that!

My little sister is 8 (she was born on christmas day actually!) and if it's not raining my mum and dad sprinkle glitter across the drive. They also do the old 'putting the food out' trick. She puts a carrot out for the reindeers and a biscuit for santa and when we would go down in the morning there would be crumbs and the carrot would be half gone. I'm not at home this year so I'm going to miss it :( and Grace is too little to lie too! I wish I was a kid again still believeing in Santa

I cant wait til my baby is older and can get involved with christmas.....me and my sister always made the fairy for the tree....we had some right weird looking fairies some years!!! ha ha

I love christmas so much .. My eldest Elliott is 6 and is just at the right age to be well into all this santa stuff.. almost as much as me :) :happydance:

we put magic reindeer food (porridge oats mixed with glitter) out in the garden on christmas eve and leave santa mince pies by the tree. Santa always leaves some crumbs and a card for my kids on the plate.. hes so thoughtful :shhh:

Having kids just makes christmas all the more magical again... Its that yummy feeling you get inside when its christmas time.. cant beat it :):happydance:

Oh, you broke my heart today. Santa isn't real?

Santa magic is though!

Seriously, I believed in Santa until I was 11.

I want to keep that alive for my kids for as long as I can. Unfortunately, it's other parents out there who wreck it for us. :( And it very well might be my stepkids who wreck it for my little ones too.

I can't wait to do this with my LO. It's cute watching my sisters now. Putting 'Santa' mince pies & glass of milk out. Carrots for the reindeers, and a letter to Santa saying they've been good this year, etc. It's sweet. :D

Yeh i love it my Daughter was only 1 last yr but we still did the mince pie and milk and a carrot out she loved it!

Of course!
I still think santa is real! ;)

We get carly to pour a small glass of milk and have two cookies on the side and then have a little carrot for the reindeers.

Of course each on has a bite in it and milk gone in morning and Carly squeals cos she knows santa must of came and presents are here :lol:

Stencil hand prints on the windows too like he has come through the window. Looks kinda freaky :lol: but it gets Carly excited :)

My little brother is 8 and as far as I know he still believes in Santa. I wish he did forever, its so magical for them! I was heartbroken when I found out he wasn't real.

Nathan (brother) leaves out a mince pie, a carrot and some reindeer food which we make (basicaly straw and glitter) and a pint of lager for Santa lol

xxx

My son is Autistic, and he figured out on his own that Santa wasn't real. He's been saying so the last couple of years, so we don't upset him by telling him there is a Santa. Hopefully he won't tell the baby there is no Santa though! Jonah loves Christmas, but Santa means pretty much nothing to him apart from as a decoration and the knowledge that somebody is buying him stuff. Fingers crossed that we can put a bit of the magic back into it with the baby!

im going to keep brendan beleiving santa is real as long as i can, and i will do it the stocking he gets full of little presents and sweets is from santa, and all the other presents are from his mum and dad! thats the way my mum and dad did it, otherwise we wuda thought they got us nothing lol

Dan hasnt believed in Santa now for 2 years so I am really looking forward to this Christmas so I can start all over again with Dec, he was to young last year. I know he is going to love it because last night me and me sis were sorting out the halloween decorations and every time we turned lights on he was going crazy. Oh I am getting all excited now !!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"