Christmas Trips

Buttercup84

2 girls, 1 boy
Reaction score
What trips/days out do you all have planned? I'm going to book a grotto at a local garden centre, a panto (as yet undecided which one) and either Lightopia at Heaton Park or Dunham Massey lights. As far as free/very cheap activities my hometown does a lovely xmas festival/lights switch on too with real reindeer and a local church do a live action nativity (including camels!) We'll go to those plus a xmas market but not sure which one yet.

We go away to a hotel for a Santa weekend mid December, included are meeting Santa, the resort's panto and a few other activities. We've been lucky enough to be able to go for the past few years and everyone loves it. We'll head down for our local lights turn on - although that seems to be getting earlier and earlier. I've always done a special children's shopping day, we go into Glasgow, they do their shopping, we have lunch and go to the rides in the city centre. The girls will ho to the carnival (they're old enough to do that with friends this year). What else... oh, we normally invite a few people up to decorate gingerbread houses, that always goes down well.

This year we have sledging at Brae head planned which the kids will love, me not so much haha :xmas8:! Then we have the Christmas lanterns at Edinburgh zoo. We also do a grotto, and the German Market at Edinburgh as a big family.

Most I see my family all year :xmas2:

<3

Every year here in Wales we have Winter Wonderland, they have ice skating, stalls full of lovely food and wine, shows (the last time I went they had Anna and Elsa singing) they also have a big ferris wheel and other rides there, plus snow machines it's such a lovely day out, especially when you go as it gets dark, by then it gets dark around 4 or 5pm anyway :rofl: it's so pretty with all the lights and fake snow!

We usually go to Winter Wonderland in Manchester but it's been cancelled the last few years :(
We will go and see santa a few times at the local shopping centre and at the school :xmas6:

We usually go to Winter Wonderland in Manchester but it's been cancelled the last few years :(
We will go and see santa a few times at the local shopping centre and at the school :xmas6:

Yes! We do the shopping centres and school too! Makes me cringe as the school santas are very obviously one of the teachers dressed up (well I know it's not going to be the real Santa, but you know what I mean:rofl: ) the kids love it though! Except for my DD the smartarse what she is.... Mum that was Mr Lewis dressed as Santa then :rofl: she's such a monkey!!!

I really want to go to Cardiff Winter Wonderland this year as we've not gotten around to it before. I think DD would love to go ice skating too. DS not so much .. hes very clumsy :haha:

We usually go to see Santa in wherever looks good that year. Last year we went to the Celtic Manor which was fab. We all had a Christmas afternoon tea followed by a story with Santa, photos and a gift. Not sure where we're going this year but I need to get on it before tickets all sell out!

We've done the local panto for the past 2 years which is HILARIOUS so definitely hoping to do that.

I really want to go to Cardiff Winter Wonderland this year as we've not gotten around to it before. I think DD would love to go ice skating too. DS not so much .. hes very clumsy :haha:

We usually go to see Santa in wherever looks good that year. Last year we went to the Celtic Manor which was fab. We all had a Christmas afternoon tea followed by a story with Santa, photos and a gift. Not sure where we're going this year but I need to get on it before tickets all sell out!

We've done the local panto for the past 2 years which is HILARIOUS so definitely hoping to do that.

Cardiff winter wonderland is where I normally go lol! are you another fellow welshie?! :)

Haha! People are clueless. Not too far from me then! I'm in Risca.

I was in Risca last week actually! Theres a small hobby shop there that OH goes to get parts for his RC cars and stuff :rofl: If I say tredegar to anyone they are like... oh is that in merthyr, no it bloody isn't! Two completely different places :rofl:

I was in Risca last week actually! Theres a small hobby shop there that OH goes to get parts for his RC cars and stuff :rofl: If I say tredegar to anyone they are like... oh is that in merthyr, no it bloody isn't! Two completely different places :rofl:
:rofl:

We have a Polar Express train ride & santa visit booked for 23rd Dec im so excited for it!
We always go to the Frankfurt Christmas market in Birmingham too, and I love to go to webbs at Christmas!

We are doing Lapland UK. Booked it a few months ago but had no email or anything confirming. Got vouchers to stop in a nearby hotel. It's expensive but I don't think the oldest we 'believe' much longer

We are in Kent and doing the steam railway again early December. Also be booking a Christmas show at a small theatre near us and maybe a panto (although the kids go with school)
Need to find somewhere with a decent light switch on as last year ours was rubbish!
I also always go to the idea home show Christmas in London with my mum/auntie....it's become our tradition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->