Cinnamon Rolls?

M

Mumble

I visited a friend in america a few years back and she used to make these for breakfast and i loved them. I can find them in the shops in Ireland and wondered if anyone had the recipie?

i have a bread machine so if you are going to make these be prepared for alot of work if you dont have 1...

•3/4 cup water
•1 egg, lightly beaten
•2 teaspoons vanilla extract
•3 cups all-purpose flour
•6 tablespoons sugar
•1/4 cup softened butter
•1 teaspoon salt
•2 tablespoons dry milk
•1 1/2 teaspoons yeast

these go into the bread machine, wet on bottom dry on top yeast in a little pocket on top...if not mix the ingredients together minus the yeast...put the yest into 1/4 of a cup of water and let it come to life for about 30 minutes and mix it in..knead it for 20 minutes and let it rest for 30, knead it again for 10 and let it rise again.

roll it out into an eaven square about 1/2 inch deep and evenly wide and long.

the filling is:•1/4 cup butter, melted
•1/3 cup brown sugar, mixed with 1 teaspoon cinnamon

brush the dough down with the butter and make sure it is even. sprinkle an even layer of brown sugar and roll it all up...cut it into 12 even sized pieces.

SPRAY THE BAKING SHEET and bake them for 1 hour or until golden brown and not doughy in a 350 degree oven.

icing:
•3 tablespoons butter
•1 teaspoon vanilla
•3 tablespoons hot water
•2 cups confectioners' sugar

you can add nuts before you roll it if you like them! enjoy!

I know this is a really old thread, but I have a recipe that's a bit easier.

Dough

2 cups whole wheat flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 stick butter (softened)
3/4 to 1 cup milk

To make the dough mix together the dry ingredients. Then cut in the butter. Add milk until the dough is a bit sticky. Put on a floured surface and roll out.

Filling

Butter
Brown Sugar
Cinnamon

Spread filling on the on the rolled out dough. Butter first, then sugar, then cinnamon. Use as much or as little as you want.

Roll up and slice into rolls. Bake in a 375 degree oven for about 25 minutes, less if you are using white flour. You can bake them on a cookie sheet, 9×13 casserole pan, or round cake pan. If you are using 100% wheat flour it is better to use a pan with sides as the rolls have a tendency to spread out a little more.

Icing

3 Tablespoons butter (softened)
3 cups powdered sugar
3 Tablespoons cream cheese (softened)
1 teaspoom vanilla
Milk

note: This makes a lot of icing. You can freeze the extra and use later.

Mix together butter and cream cheese. Then add powdered sugar and vanilla. Add milk until you get a consistency that can be drizzled on the cinnamon rolls. When the rolls are finished drizzle with frosting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->