Circumcision aftercare?

KarenLV

Reaction score
My husband wants to take our boy for circumcision.He has a consultation today and the surgery will probably be later.
Can anyone tell me how to take care of our boy after the procedure is done.Are they sleepy afterwards?
I'm quite anxious about this as I dont really want it but DH is adamant.
Any tips would be appreciated.

toju had the one with the ring done at 2 weeks, he only cried when he did the first pee. use vaseline and it should heal nicely within a week.

If you don't want it done, i suggest you both have a serious talk. I personally don't agree with it but if you go ahead with it you should both agree on it.

Not sure how to care for your baby afterwards though :hugs:

If you don't want it, don't get it done. Your son sure as heck doesn't want it. If he decides for himself he wants to have it done later, it hurts less, it's safer, and the results are cosmetically better. The only downside is it costs more, but that's mainly because they use general anesthetic, which is a good thing. It's his body, so it should be his decision.

The Canadian Paediatric Society says the following:
"Recommendation: Circumcision of newborns should not be routinely performed."

drops in male circumcision:
USA: from 90% to 57%
Canada: from 47% to 14%
UK: from 35% to about 3% (less than 1% among non-Muslims)
Australia: 90% to 12.6% ("routine" circumcision has recently been *banned* in public hospitals in all states except one, so the rate will now be a lot lower)
New Zealand: 95% to below 3% (mostly Samoans and Tongans)
South America and Europe: never above 5%

I agree with not doing ti if you dont want too , many dr's refuse to do it now a days ..well in canada away ..unless theres a religious aspect to it then it shouldnt be done ..

Then again you need to speak to your hubby and make sure its what you both want hun !

Meanwhile heres a helpful site to help for care !

https://babyparenting.about.com/cs/circumcision/f/ccirccare.htm

You have to both agree on this ...to let you do this to your baby knowing you don't agree/want is just plain wrong.

:(

I agree dont do this to your baby if you dont want him to have it.
Like others i dont agree on it but if it has to be done then you BOTH have to agree.

Don't do it Karen! It's your duty as a mother to protect your baby from this kind of harm.

Ask your husband why he wants to remove half his son's penile skin including its most sensitive bit - is it simply because this was inflicted on him and he doesn't want to see his son have something he hasn't got? Not a very good reason to hurt a baby is it?

Even if you have your son's foreskin amputated under general anaesthetic he will experience pain and discomfort during the healing period which in some babies takes weeks. He won't always cry - we know that babies may internalise their distress more than adults. He may get ulceration of the unnaturally exposed tip of his penis - this is very common. It can result in a narrowing of his wee hole which may need surgical correction (this occurs in 5-10% of cut babies according to one Paediatric Surgeon who's just published a paper in the South African Medical Journal) and will make him more prone to urethritis as an adult. And when he reaches adulthood he'll read about this subject in newspapers, medical journals and on the internet and realise you've deprived him of large numbers of his sexual nerve endings, and also a part which would have stimulated his female partner. He will ask, why on earth did you do that to me?

In fact by the time Skyler reaches 20 years old, forced circumcision may well have been banned in North America (as the UN says, it violates a range of human rights including the right to dignity, bodily integrity and personal autonomy), which will make him even more aware of what he's lost.

The simple answer is, just don't do it! If he did want as an adult to be cut, which is highly unlikely, he can choose it then, and the whole experience would be much less distressing because he will be totally in control of every aspect of it.

Please read more at at websites cirp and circumstitions, and suggest your husband tries foreskin restoration so you can both become aware of how much fun a foreskin is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->