Circumcision...

Harveysmum369

Mrs Christmas
Reaction score
Anyone's little boy been through this?Harvey is on the waiting list for it,and just want to prepare him,and me for what will happen.

He is having it done for medical reasons.

xx

My friend's toddler just had one at Great Ormond Street hospital for medical reasons- she's on here kellie_w. i have pointed her in this direction x

Thank you ally :)

As previous post says, my little boy had his done last Thursday at great ormond street, also for medical reasons. He also had lithotripsy treatment for kidney stones but to be honest I was more worried about the circumcision. I was absolutely terrified of how much pain he would be in after and felt guilty for making him go through it. Our experiences may be different as my little boy as he is 15 months so younger and also had the other treatment but this is ours: it was nowhere near a bad as I imagined. Oliver's was done under general anthesetic with a local anthesetic to numb the area better and help through the worst of the pain. Immediately after, it looks horrendous, I won't lie. Very bloody, bruised and just awful. I cried. It will be stitched, the stitches fall out within 4 weeks. We were given a cream to apply 3 times a day to help healing. Healing is extremely quick, we are on day 8 today and it looks nearly healed, no bruising whatsoever, the cuts have just faded away. And the best part, he never appeared to be in any real serious pain at all. No baths for 2 days, third day a quick dip in then back to normal. For your sons age, try to do lots of time with no pants on and If you need to go out, loose jogging bottoms.

Wishing you loads of luck, I hope it goes well and that he recovers really fast xxx

Lucas had it done for medical reasons, he was a lot younger than your lo going by your ticker, we just told him his winky didnt work properly so was having a magic sleep to make it better, he accepted this and was fine up until they put a needle in him :wacko: I was allowed to be with him till he was under anesthetic and the procedure was no more than 30 mins as soon as he came to in recovery I was allowed to be with him again, he didnt seem to have to much pain or discomfort in fact you wouldnt have known he had had an operation by the afternoon tearing about like a loon, he was able to wee with out discomfort, he was still in nappies at the time so I dont know if thats why he was in no pain or if its a normal thing, just kept it clean and the stitches dropped out after about 10 days, I think he was given pain relief and antibiotics as a precaution

My son had one done, also for medical reasons at the beginning of January. The operation was done under general and as pp has said, it looks gross and swollen etc when you first see it, bit of a shock but I just tried to not let him see that I thought it was bad.

It took him about 5 days before he would put any pants or trousers on. I bought loads of loose joggers for him and some bigger pants, but he has only worn one pair of the joggers as once I got pants on him he would then wear normal trousers. The only thing that I found tricky was that with his car seat I had to take the harness bit out and just use the seat as a booster because there was no way he would have had that done up. I would buy some over sized tshirts so he can just wear that for the first few days, when leaving the hospital they let him keep his gown as they couldn't get pants on him! So he went home in just the gown and no pants!!

His scabs still haven't all completely fallen off, but then he refuses to let me wash it properly in the shower so it will take a bit longer.

The first night was horrible, I'm not going to lie to you it was really hard to get him comfy, we had a pillow that we put between his legs so he could sleep on his side and just one of daddy's tshirts and then carefully placed the duvet over him. It was tough for the first few days, but eventually it got a lot easier.

I hope all goes well xxx

Thanks for all your replies ladies.

His foreskin is very tight,and he is holding his wee for long periods,when he wee's his dinky blows up like a balloon when he wee's :(

What is the putting him to sleep process?I had an op when I was little but obviously wasn't really aware...are they 'with it' in recovery?xx

For Lucas he was put to sleep the same way as any one else it was very quick and I was able to sit with him, in recovery they let us in once he had come round and was checked over and had woke up a bit, Lucas was very with it in recovery and was wanting biscuits :haha:

Lots of people seem to have had swelling and it looking awful Lucas had some swelling but it didnt look awful

He was also the same as your son ballooning up and it just dripping out constantly rather than doing a prope wee :(

Good luck with it I hope he is OK xxx

Is the tip white, like when you clench your fist and the skin goes white? If so it could be what my son has, did the doctor say what the condition is? Josh has BXO. Really rare for little ones though.

To put him to sleep they gave him an injection and he went to sleep pretty much instantly. That really affected my husband! I was fine but he just didn't like it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->