Clary sage oil

amybe

Reaction score
So I had my second sweep today (I'm being helped along because of high bp), I am now 3-4cm dilated and having some contractions, Yipee! Well the midwife told me to go buy clary sage oil, put some drops on a hankie and breath it in!! So that's what I'm currently doing lol, Anyone else tried it before??...x

I use it to relax and for pain relief in labour. I highly recomend it

I am going to be getting some because I have heard such good things about it from Kala :p But no I have heard it is really good x

Can I just ask...How can it be a pain relief AND it contracts your uterus?? Surely they're opposite things??..Or am I being dumb??..x

My mum is a holistic therapist and is going to give me a massage with it this week to help bring things on.
Most essential oils are very relaxing, but some have qualities that can bring on labour..don't really know the ins and outs of it though! Good luck!

I use it to relax and for pain relief in labour. I highly recomend it

Same! I love the stuff. I've managed to get through all of my old bottle though so will need some more before I get too close lol. It's very strong in every way though - permeates everything. When I was in labour with Eddy my hubby soaked a towel in my bath water before we left for the hospital and poured on about 10 drops of the stuff. I had it attached to me the entire journey and until I got to the G&A lol. All the midwives that passed by the room could smell it and my midwife was very impressed at my Hubby's makeshift aromatherapy kit lol. Only issue was, for about 3 days after I could smell it, the car stank of it, and nearly every towel in the house smelt of it for about 2 weeks until I'd used them all a few times! lol. :dohh:

Contractions are involuntary and the more relaxed you are mentally and physically the more efficient your contractions will be because there is nothing fighting them. If that made any sense lol.

One of the biggest barrier to labour can be fear and adrenaline. If your scared of labour or panicking the production of adrenaline fights against all the hormones your body needs to release to get labour going or keep it going.

Going to get some today, my friend was saying apply it to you feet and breathe it in, hoping it helps relax me a bit as I am getting so emotional

Anyone in the U.S. know where to get this stuff? It sounds amazing!!

I used it both times and although I'm not convinced it helped with bringing labour on it certainly calmed me down and relaxed me, had some of the best sleeps after a clary sage bath! Be careful though as if you use too much at once it has a slight narcotic feel to it and can make you go a bit "whirly"

Get dh to mix a couple of drops with a carrier oil and give you a foot massage concentrating on the backs of your heel about an inch above your ankle, it's a pressure point that stimulates the uterus!

This sounds like brilliant stuff! When is it safe to start using it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->