Classic boys name please

jkbmah

Preggers with #2
Reaction score
Hi all,

My husband and I can always agree on girls names but never on boys name. He wants "wolf" I want something more classic like Joseph or Henry.

I need ideas of relatively classic boys names please, don't mid slightly unusual (although the following are out due to close friends/family):

James, Harry, Tom, Dan, Dylan, Archie, Freddie, Riley, Oliver, Toby, Eli, Seb

Wolfgang is a cool name lol

what about other strong but classic nature names like:

Sage
River
Fox
Phoenix
August
Colt
Stone
Rock
Cole
Slate
Forrest
Ash
Dale
Jett
Robin
Heath
Lake
Thorne
Lucien
Reed
Flint
Leaf
Glen

How about Harrison? Maddox? Jacob? Joshua? Theo/Theodor? Lennon? Lennox? Alfie/Alfred? Taylor? Tyler?

Evan
Bennett
Reuben
Matthew
Clarke
Alexander
Max
Ryan
Devon
Isaac
Marcus
Micah
Zachary
Samuel
Felix

Hi all thanks for the input. I like Alexander, thought hubby did too but today he's come back and said it reminds him of his ex girlfriends brother who was a knob! I quite like Samuel and max (but not sure that goes with our surname -Lister) I'm struggling to find names that aren't the same as someone we know, without being really off the wall.

What about Ernie? It's the only other one I can think off that's not been posted. Xx

I was going to say James for a classic name but that's on your no no list. Plus it's got popular again.
We named our son james because it was a name we both liked and we hadn't heard the name in a while.

for classic names you could have
Jacob, John, Steven, Samuel, Alfie, Arther (don't think that's spelt right).

Hi little steph 3 James' in our family already. Hubby came up with Cameron last night...... I quite like it what do all you guys think?

I'm British, it somehow seems American to me. Thoughts?

Hi little steph 3 James' in our family already. Hubby came up with Cameron last night...... I quite like it what do all you guys think?

I'm British, it somehow seems American to me. Thoughts?

we don't have any James's in either of our families that we knew of one of the reasons we went for it.

Cameron is a nice name. not a name you here often now unless you watch the news a lot and into politics lol.

I've not met a Cameron in my life! It's def not a popular American name. Lister is an easy surname--goes with everything

Sage
River
Fox
Phoenix
August
Colt
Stone
Rock
Cole
Slate
Forrest
Ash
Dale
Jett
Robin
Heath
Lake
Thorne
Lucien
Reed
Flint
Leaf
Glen

Woah do people really use some of these? Stone?!! Leaf!? Lake?! I don't mean to mock those,I just have never heard of, or have ever come across such names for children.

"Wolf" no way sorry!! I too am in the UK which makes this name even more off the chart

I love just basic classics in the UK. My son is Samuel and I've never regretted that. I don't feel there is anything wrong with the basic William, Alexander, Thomas, Oliver, Daniel, Max, James, Robert, Joseph "types".... "boring" or not!

With Cameron consider your feelings with David Cameron maybe?!! Only joking really. I've not come across many Camerons so it would have a slightly more unique factor if you were after that... it is a nice name.Good luck with finding a name and getting your husband on board, it's an important thing to consider.

Sage
River
Fox
Phoenix
August
Colt
Stone
Rock
Cole
Slate
Forrest
Ash
Dale
Jett
Robin
Heath
Lake
Thorne
Lucien
Reed
Flint
Leaf
Glen

Woah do people really use some of these? Stone?!! Leaf!? Lake?! I don't mean to mock those,I just have never heard of, or have ever come across such names for children.

"Wolf" no way sorry!! I too am in the UK which makes this name even more off the chart

I love just basic classics in the UK. My son is Samuel and I've never regretted that. I don't feel there is anything wrong with the basic William, Alexander, Thomas, Oliver, Daniel, Max, James, Robert, Joseph "types".... "boring" or not!

With Cameron consider your feelings with David Cameron maybe?!! Only joking really. I've not come across many Camerons so it would have a slightly more unique factor if you were after that... it is a nice name.Good luck with finding a name and getting your husband on board, it's an important thing to consider.

yes :wacko: of course people use them or they wouldnt be names

im from the UK and have a friend called Stone

I also know:

Colt
Rock (although hes not english)
River
Ash
Glen
Reed
Lake
Robin
Dale x3
Cole
Fox (was my teachers name)

there not top 10 names but non of them are unheard of... most are classic as well you will see them in historic literature etc..

The boys names we love are...Finn Ethan Euan Tom and Reuben

Hi thanks for all the feedback. I like Elliott, but our next door neighbour is called Elliot and it would feel odd!.

and not everything goes with Lister bassdesire! - I really liked Christopher until I realised its a bit too rhymey with Lister. I like Luke, as well but too much alliteration for m.

So far front runners are Cameron and maybe Nicholas (Nick) for boy and Annabel for girl

LOVE LOVE LOVE Cameron, you could even use Camrynn for a Girl:winkwink:

I don't think Cameron is American at all. I grew up In Australia and there were lots of Camerons. I haven't heard it since being in North America.

Have you considered Jackson?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->