Cleaning grout :(

Loui1001

Reaction score
My life is so glamorous :haha:

Last edited:
You can buy something called a Magic Eraser, its made of melamine and cleans everything. With grout, it tends to wear about and crumble on the edges (you will know what i mean if you get one). They can be pricey and disintegrate after a while of scrubbing but soooo worth it. I love em :rofl:

Regularly cleaning it with plain ammonia and water (nothing else, and everyone knows definitely not with any bleach products) is the best way, but you'll have to get down your knees and scrub it with a brush to clean it throughly.

Regularly cleaning it with plain ammonia and water (nothing else, and everyone knows definitely not with any bleach products) is the best way, but you'll have to get down your knees and scrub it with a brush to clean it throughly.

I do not know about no bleach products?? :blush::blush:

Cif cream and a scrubber here

Do they???? I feel left out now. Why no bleach products?

Op - I haven't done my floor tiles but found that in the bathroom a bit of usual bathroom cleaner on a scrubbing brush works, and not even that much elbow grease. You can buy grout whitener at B&Q etc (assuming it's white grout) but that's probably got the bleach products in that everyone else knows about :)

A toothbrush and a good cleaner like cif.

Ammonia and bleach release a toxic fume in the air. One janitor at my nursing home where I used to work sent a lot of people to hospital because he did this.

Google about mixing bleach and ammonia together.

Oh you can clean your grout with bleach if you have mold and mildew issues... just don't mixed the two chemicals together. I would clean it throughly with bleach products first, wipe it off (or rinse) and then maintain it (regularly clean it with out the scrubbing) with ammonia and water

I have cleaned my grout with bleach and I haven't sent anyone to hospital...Does cif have ammonia in or something? I don't have just neat ammonia in my house...

??? They don't even sell CIF in the U.S. I was always recommended to clean my tiles with plain ammonia and water solution (no special brand name cleaning products)

I've just never seen it in any of the cleaning aisles at ASDA thats all :haha:

Another one of those UK/US things, I think. Going to check my bathroom cleaners for ammonia from now on :thumbup: thanks deafgal

:)

Anyway, I read that distilled white vinegar can do a better job at maintaining tiles.

Thanks for replies, looks like there's no way of avoiding scrubbing!!

Ah I must have read that wrong, thought you meant you couldn't use anything with bleach, missed the ammonia part.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->