Clearblue ovulation predictor tests for dummies!!

AngelofTroy

Reaction score
Me being the dummy!

I bought some of the 'smiley face' OPKs from clearblue, and it's CD7 today and my cycle has ranged from 24-27 days since going off bcp a few months ago, so I want to start testing today in case it's a short cycle... But I'm confused, I thought you DIDN'T use FMU for OPKs? But the clearblue site says use after a 4 hour hold without excessive fluid intake and that many women find it easier with FMU... Which I've missed today! I was hoping to test later in the day as I often wake up at work and don't get home until 9am.

Help?!

Also a four hour hold with my crappy bladder and the fact that I've upped my water intake to increase CM is not easy!!

My app says to use them between 2-8pm... You can use first morning but if your surge happens during the day you'll miss it...

Now I'm even more confused! The instructions clearly recommend FMU and insist on a 4 hour hold... Does anyone go that long between pees?

I go four hours between pees....

https://www.ovulation-calculator.com/ovulation-tests/opk-faq.htm this might help :)

I use FMU. Don't seem to be giving me problems for the clearblue opk. I tested one cycle another time at night and I had a smiley face as well. So sound right?

When we were trying I started using the clearblue ovulation tests and was getting really disheartened because I was only getting negatives, looked it up online and ladies were saying a lot of the time you might get your surge in the evening, so that night I tested about 8-9pm and got a positive!

Because your surge supposedly happens in the afternoon... Have you read the article in the link I posted above?

Yes, sorry, I am Just still a bit confused because the instructions actually suggest FMU. I guess I'll Just have to do some bladder exercises!:haha:

I that's super odd honestly, are you sure you're not reading a hpt instructions lol

uk.clearblue.com/clearblue-ovulation-test-range/digital-ovulation-test

"- You can test at any time of the day, but you should test at the same time of day each day.
- Try not to urinate for four hours before you do the ovulation test, and you should avoid excessive fluid intake before testing – you might find it easier to use the first urine of the day."

Oh I believed you just trying to bring some comedic relief....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->