• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Cleft possibilities

Fivecardstud

Reaction score
I am currently 19 weeks and I just had my 3D ultrasound. We were told that our baby has a cleft lip, but it's too early to tell if his palate has been affected. Has anyone had any experience dealing with this. It's not entirely new to me, but it's left me shocked and worried about my baby.

A couple questions I have are, what ages do they typically start the surgeries? Also, is it possible to get my baby his own health insurance to help along the way?

Thanks
Jessica

I think it depends of where you are from. Here (quebec, canada) the first surgery is at 3 months; that's the one to correct the lip. The palate surgery is at 1 year old, and it is mostly all covered by health insurrance.
Hope that helps, good luck!

Hi my son was born with a cleft lip he had his lip fitted when he was about 8 months old, was going to be at 6 months got he got a cold.he is three now. Feel free to message me if you want to know any thing else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->