clicky hips

mumto5

Reaction score
hi not sure if this is the right place to post but i need some sort of support as i really dont know what im expecting.

My daughter is 9 days old and before we were discharged she was diagnosed with clicky hips. Her right one actually dislocates. They have rushed her scan through and we are due to have it this tuesday rather than the normal 6 weeks waiting.

What i really want to know if anyone else has gone through this. Will i get her results on that day as she was referred by paediatrics on the ward or will her results go to our gp. If she needs treatment i really dont want to wait the usual week to 10 days for the gp to get back to us :-/

if anyone in the uk has gone through this can you let me know what im expecting

My daughter was diagnosed at her 4 month check with a mild case of clicky hips.

She was referred for xrays and they decided to leave her a few months to see if it corrected itself. It didnt so she was given a little harness to wear that wee were allowed to take of for baths and stuff.

It was all very daunting at the start but after a few days of wearing her brace thing she was used to it. She wore it for 12 weeks.

I dont know how it will all work with ur baby seeing as shes a good bit younger and I know there are different levels of severity and different treatments for it so I hope others can help too.

Hope ur ok x

Hi there, my son was diagnosed with a clicky hip at birth.

He got a scan at 6 weeks and we saw the consultant straight after the scan and she discussed the results with us then and there - no waiting for the GP/hospital to send the results. The consultant then got him fitted with his harness (again all part of the same appointment) which he had to wear 24 hours a day 7 days a week from 6 weeks until he was 5 months old (except 5 mins a week for a bath). He had scans every 2 weeks to check on his progress.

My lo didnt mind the harness one bit. When he got a bit older i got him a bean bag for him so he could sit up and play with his toys as the harness made it difficult for him to sit up properly.

He had his final scan at 15 months and he needs no further treatment at all.

STEPS-charity is a website / forum for parents of children with hip/foot problems which has lots of useful information and support which you might find useful.

Hope it all goes well for you and your lo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->